Chapter 23

Bastian and I make out and watch the festival in front of us - the lights from all three stages are gorgeous and just get more beautiful as the sun sinks behind the horizon. As it gets dark, Bastian grabs his bag and pulls out a wine bottle and two glasses. I feel a small bolt of fear. I can't really refuse him, but I'm reluctant to accept a drink from a stranger.

He must notice my discomfort, because he hands me the bottle. "Here. If you want to drink, you can open it and pour the drinks. It is sealed." Music to my ears.

I take the bottle from his hands and pop the cork out with a satisfying "shoomp." I laugh at the sound, and Bastian chuckles. I fill the glasses generously and hand one to him, recorking the bottle and setting it on my side.

Bastian smiles almost shyly at me and we clink glasses before taking a sip. "Mmm," I sigh at the sweet taste and the warm feeling that makes its way down my body.

"Mm-hmm," Bastian agrees, and I giggle. I lean over to kiss him, grabbing his shirt with one hand. I can taste the wine on his lips, and now his tongue.

Soon we finish our first glasses and have another, and once that one's empty too, my view of the lasers and light shows is obstructed by his body on top of mine. I feel warm and buzzed from the alcohol and from his lips on mine.

Bastian pulls away for a moment, propping himself up on his elbows. "Wait. I saw this in a movie once." He picks up the half-full bottle and takes a small sip. Lowering himself back down, he kisses me, letting the wine drip from his mouth into mine. I let out a small moan at the intimacy of the kiss.

He props himself up again. "Was that okay?"

I bite my lip. "Hell yes," and grab the back of his neck, rejoining our lips.

"Mmmm..." he moans, "You taste so good," and kisses the corner of my lips.

Expecting him to kiss me again after that sexy moan, I exhale heavily.

He kisses up my cheek to my ear and licks my earlobe, pulling it between his lips and sucking lightly. I can't help but moan at the feeling and the sound of his breath in my ear.

Bastian leaves my ear and leisurely licks and sucks his way down my neck to my collarbone, where he softly bites. I bite my lip in turn to hold in a groan. It feels incredible.

As he most likely leaves a mark, his hands wander from my hips down a bit, then slowly up to my waist and chest, where his fingers pause close to my boobs. I move my hands up to play in his hair, and he moans softly against my collarbone.

Once his hand goes up a little too far, I sit up quickly. Bastian pulls away from my body, sitting perpendicular to me. "I'm sorry," he says in his gorgeous, rumbling accent. His hands now move comfortably up and down my arms, which are keeping me upright.

"It's alright," I smile, "I just haven't had enough to drink yet for that to happen, you know?"

Bastian laughs. "I know what you mean." I tilt more of the bottle into my empty glass and throw my head back, swallowing it down and shaking my head at the slight burn of alcohol.

Bastian gawks at me. "Damn, America. Go big or go home, huh?" I giggle at this and at the slight drunk feeling I'm developing.

"Hell yeah," I say and throw my hands around his neck, kissing him so he can taste the wine on my lips.

"You're the most amazing girl I've ever met, America," Bastian mutters as I begin kissing down his neck while lifting his shirt off his head.

*******