Chapter 12

"I'm sorry I was unfairly mean to you when I first came here. I'm sorry for the paparazzi getting all over us and causing so many problems. I'm sorry I insulted you about Henry and that he doesn't want to see you anymore. I'm sorry for what Matt did to you just now. You don't deserve any of it."

I smile at him, and take his hands in mine. "I forgive you. I'm sorry I wasn't grateful to you for actually helping me get away from Matt. And thanks for saving me just now. You have impeccable timing," I giggle, suddenly feeling overjoyed.

Martin just studies my face as I speak, and when I giggle, the biggest smile I've ever seen on him breaks out on his face. "So, are we all good?" He asks me shyly. I nod, and he stands and grabs my hands to pull me up before pulling me in for a huge hug. And it feels so... good. And right.

His arms are wrapped completely around me, encasing me in his body. After just a moment too long, we realize how intimate of a hug it is, and pulled away. We stand close, just looking at each other.

Martijn looks like he has only gotten out of bed recently, and like he just pulled on clothes and ran his hand through his hair to get ready this morning. His eyes look still a bit drowsy, but aware, a dark forest green color with the intense gray rim around them. 

A small smile appears, dancing on his rose-colored lips. I realize it is in response to my own little smile. He is still holding onto my hands, and when we both realize this, we let go, my hands falling down to my sides. Now everything feels awkward.

"I should probably go, I've got... stuff to do, you know." I nod and follow him towards the still wide open door. He reached out a hand for it, and then mutters, "Fuck it," and closes it.

I frown in confusion. "What?" He takes my hands again and pulls me towards him, moving his hands from my own up to my arms, and then finally landing on my hips. They rest there as mine still hang at my sides.

He gazes deeply into my eyes, reading me. Did I want this? Both of us were asking. My lips part as I gaze back at his gorgeous face - his nose crinkles a little bit as he tries to understand what I'm thinking, and it makes his green eyes shine, and it looks like sunlight on dappled leaves. I realize I might be staring and look down, shyly, and move my hands up to his toned upper arms. My fingers brush just high enough that they push the sleeves of his t shirt up a little. His skin is so soft, the short, light hairs on his biceps only adding to the lovely texture.

I look up and met his eyes. "Martijn..." I whisper. And then we both know my answer.

His right hand removes itself from my hips and gently pushes my hair back before resting on the side of my face. Martijn's eyes follow his own movements as he moves my locks. His left hand gently draws my body into his until my hips are just lightly against him.

My breathing increases when our bodies touch, and he smiles at my reaction and expression before drawing his tongue out to lightly lick his lips. My eyes follow its path and I subconsciously bite my own lip. Martin inhales sharply at that and then - he kisses me.

Martijn's lips move over mine, kissing and pulling at my upper lip. His lips are unbelievably soft and gentle, and they move in perfect sync with mine. I kiss him back, softly at first, and then I get comfortable and confident and I kiss him enthusiastically, and he matches my speed, our lips meeting and separating and then meeting again, unable to be apart for long.

I can feel him smiling into the kiss, so I slide my hands up his hard chest and around his neck, and tangle my fingers into his soft, caramel colored hair. I knot my fingers and pull gently, and he responds with a soft moan and by using the hands he has on my hips and the back of my head to pull me as close to him as he can.