Chapter Thirteen: Don't Leave Me

This chapter will b dedicated to the wonderful and beautiful Christina Grimmie who passed away June 11.

Bethany POV:

I feel warmth on my face. Oh gosh! I hope I'm not in hell!

"Miss Wayne? Can you hear me?" Ok that is definitely not the devil!

"Yes..Yes I can." I say. My voice sounds cracked and dry. I want water something awful!

"Can you slowly open your eyes for me Miss Wayne?" Says the voice of obviously a man. I slowly lift my lids and open them and blink. Everything is too bright! Finally I look up and I see there is a doctor and two nurses who look relieved.

"Hello." I squeak out as I blink again. "Hello. How are you feeling Miss Wayne?"

"Sore. My head still hurts."

"Well we had to do some work in there. We'll explain everything after you are more rested. "

I nod and look up at the ceiling. "How long have I been out?" I ask as I see them leaving.

"Two days. Let's just say you are lucky to be here." Says the doctor smiling and heading out the door. The door closes and I breathe deeply.

"You're killing me Bethany Marie Wayne. You know that don't you?" I turn and see my brother sitting in the corner of the room. He's sitting in a very uncomfortable looking chair and his face is partially obscured due to the shadows in the room.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know." I say in a raspy voice.

I hear shuffling and see him pulling his chair over to my bedside.
He sits down and runs a hand through his disheveled hair. Gosh he looks awful!

His eyes are bloodshot, his hair messy, he needs a shave and he looks dead from exhaustion. And it's all my fault.

"I'm so sorry Bruce." I whimper as I reach out touch his other hand which rests on my bed.

I see him look up and give me a confused look.

"Why are you sorry? I'm the one who missed the problem when I ran those tests." He mutters.

"It wasn't your fault. I shouldn't have gone out. I should've told you I wasn't "a ok". So there fore it is my fault."

"Stop it!" Snaps Bruce.

I cringe back from him and cower back against my pillows.

"Just stop! For once get mad at me! Scream at me! Just hurt my feelings or something! All my life I have caused you pain! And all you have ever done is forgiven me! I don't want you to do that anymore! Pay me back! I deserve it!" Says Bruce in a very loud voice,which is complimented by a very anguished face.

My heart breaks at his pain.

"I will never condemn you Bruce. You have sacrificed so much for me and this world. You have lost so much, but more importantly you found yourself. All the anger, fear and sorrow was washed away that day 12 years ago when I got my brother back. I was fourteen. I hadn't seen you in seven years. And I remind myself that at least you came back and you were healed. I got my brother back. And I will never be mad about that." I say feeling tears prick my eyes.

Bruce looks up from the floor and into my eyes. Tears linger in his brown eyes as our gazes lock.

"I'm sorry." Whispers Bruce, his voice breaking slightly as he lays his head on the mattress, burying his face in the sheets.

I feel tears slide down my cheek as I watch my brother crumble right before me.

I reach my hand out and gently run my fingers through his dark hair in a comforting manner.

I feel exhausted again and feel my eyes slipping shut as I continue to comfort my brother.

Just as my eyes are closing shut I feel his head move from my fingers and I feel a hand grasp mine lovingly.

"Sleep Beth. I'll be right here." He whispers squeezing my hand slightly.

"Always?" I ask in an almost child like manner.

"Always."

So here it is finally. I should have a less hectic schedule soon so I will probably b updating more often. Thanks and don't forget to Rate or comment!