His Maid, Able: 1

3 Years Later...

*Windsor Castle*

The sunlight reflected on your royal crest that was pinned to your maid uniform, which cast a beam of light onto the wall, indicating your arrival along with the clicking of your heeled boots as you walked down the grand corridor towards Queen Victoria's bedroom after she had requested your presence.

You have been serving as the queen's head maid for two years since the death of your master. Strangely, part of his last orders was to go to the very person who had him killed and work for her.

Over the few years you have served her, she had grown quite fond of you and had even given you a name: The Queen's royal Cat due to you being able to squeeze your way into any situation and easily deliver anything she asks without question.

You check on your young master from time to time, but not very often. The man who you had first seen with Ciel you had learned to be a Demon, who usually senses you, so you stay within the forest and never step foot on the property that you had rebuilt.

Unlike the Phantomhive manor, the royal palaces were always filled with up to 100 servants. It made you wonder why she even wanted another maid. Then again, humans were very strange.

You stopped walking once you reached the outside of the queen's bedroom. You raised your glove covered hand and knocked on the large white double doors.

After hearing a weak voice give you permission to enter, you opened the door and walked in to find the queen sitting on the large bed with her hair covering her face and the covers pulled up to her chest. You saw her frail figure through the drapes that covered her bed, hiding her from your view.

You stopped in front of her bed and bowed. "Good morning, your majesty. You called for me?"

She outstretched her hand to you. "Yes...come here, Isabella."

You walked over to the side of her bed and knelt down. "My dear cat, I have been so selfish keeping you here." She began, making you tilt your head at her as you smiled. "I should've returned you to your master a long time ago, but I have grown so fond of you that it has been rather difficult to do so."

"However, the time has come that you shall go back to being the head maid of the Phantomhive manor."

This time you gave her a real smile. It was true that it would be entertaining in seeing everyone's reaction to seeing you alive.

You already knew that Ciel and Tanaka assumed you had died in the fire along with everyone else you had known.

A wide grin spread across your face, at the thought of them finding out.

"Now I have already sent out a letter to lord Phantomhive..." Your grin then faltered at the thought of him already knowing. "...I had told him I am sending him a surprise, but he does not know that it is you." Your grin returned when she finished.

"You will leave in one hour and I will send you off with a new case for my Guard Dog." She informed.

You nodded your head and stood up to bow to her. "Yes, your majesty."

●●●

"Master, it is time for you to wake up." The Phantomhive butler announced as he entered Ciel's room, who continued to snore as he opened the curtains and tied it in place, causing him to open his eyes.

"For breakfast today, we have a lightly poached salmon accompanied by a delicate mint salad." He stated as he poured Ciel a cup of tea.

"I can also offer toast, scones, or pain de champagne. Which dish would you care for this morning?"