His Maid, Day Off: 2

"Lord Scriven..."

Ciel's look of surprise turned into a frown. "I apologize for our interruption, Lord Scriven, I was not expecting miss Brieris to return until later." Ciel apologized while Lord Scriven smiled, keeping his eyes locked on yours.

"That's all right, Lord Phantomhive, such loveliness could never inconvenience me."

Your hand dropped from the door knob as you closed your eyes and sighed. "My lord, may I have a private word with you?"

Ciel rose an eyebrow, then looked at Edward and cleared his throat. "Pardon me, I'll only be a moment." He said as he stood up and walked over to you.

Edward waved a hand at him. "Please, take all the time you need." Ciel nodded and closed the door behind him.

He exhaled through his nose and turned around to see you staring him down with narrowed eyes.

"Ciel."

His eye widened as he backed up at your cold look you have never used towards him. He kept stepping back until he hit the wall, with you leaning down to stare at him with an interrogative gaze.

"I wish to know one thing...why is there no one cleaning up this filthy mess?"

He furrowed his brow. "You are not curious as to why the gentlemen you danced with at the viscount's ball is in my study?"

You chuckled darkly. "On the contrary, I am very curious. However, Lord Scriven is not my main priority at the moment."

You straightened up and clasped your hands together. "Now, where is Sebastian? Surely, he would never accept the manor in such a horrid appearance."

He shrugged. "I sent him out on an errand."

"My lord, how can you stand this disaster? Where are the servants? They must clean this up immediately, in fact, I should get to work, it'll take—"

"No!" As you spoke, you turned to walk down the hallway, until Ciel grabbed your arm. "Remember your orders, you are not my maid, not now."

You turned around and looked at him curiously. "May this have to do with our guest?" He didn't respond but released his grip and looked away.

"Master, your mansion is on the break of becoming an even more undesirable place of living than the pit of hell. Do you truly wish for our guest to see it in such a state?"

He sighed. "Fine. Gather the servants and order them to clean up, but do not change your attire or go beyond that, understand?"

You laughed. "Exactly how important is Lord Scriven to you that you would go to such lengths so he would not know I am your servant?" Without waiting for a reply, you began walking down the hall.

"Wait. There's something else I want you to do."

You stopped.

"Isabella, you will return after having the servants clean up and proceed in doing everything to ensure Lord Scriven agrees to being a business ally of mine."

You glanced back at him. "What do you mean by that?"

He smirked and looked up at you.

"I want you to seduce him."

Your eyebrows rose up as an amused grin creeped across your face. "Hmm." You turned and walked back, kneeling before him. "Yes, as you wish."

He looked up at you as you rose up. You stared at him and quietly laughed. "Have you been planning this the whole time, master?"