Bad Romance

For some reason, the entire time I was writing this, the song "The Way I Do" By Bishop Briggs was playing through my head, so if you want to listen to it while reading, I decided to put it here.

Enjoy~

. . .

Sucking in a breath, you glanced over at the person beside you. "Well? What do you think?"

He rubbed his chin as he looked it over. "Interesting. I'm amazed you could mend this on your own. Do you really think the toy business would work out for us?"

You straightened up from the table and narrowed your eyes in thought. "At this point, anything is better than a fishing and trading company. I think the odds are in our favor."

He smiled in satisfaction as he turned to you. "Things have been going better since you came to us. Lord Phantomhive has never been more happier. You are certainly changing him for the better. He is more confident, more sly, more fearless than ever. Funtom has become number one over the past several months. And this is all thanks to you."

You smiled and folded your hands over your heart. "Well, if I couldn't do this much at least, then what kind of maid would I be?"

Amusement crossed his face as he unfolded your hands. "You look far too uncomfortable in that position. Whenever you smile, place your single hand over what you think matters most. Us butlers are trained to have it over our hearts, but you aren't a normal maid. I'd say you can choose whatever you want."

You laughed to yourself. "Thank you for your guidance, Tanaka. You've quite literally taught me everything I know."

He smiled again, but this time it didn't reach his eyes. You noticed this and it made yours slightly fall.

He sighed as he placed his hands behind his back and began to lead you out of the room. "Now, Isabella, aside from his title, money, and business...there is something we must discuss."

As you both walked down the hall, you could tell he was hesitant to speak. "I've noticed you have both gotten quite close. You must remember your role here. You are his maid, he is your master. And this leads me to the certain matter."

He suddenly stopped, and you stopped along with him as he looked up at you. "His legacy. Lord Phantomhive must have an heir that will eventually take over what you have created here. He won't be young forever, soon enough he'll be as old as me."

He chuckled, but his eyes were filled with seriousness. "He needs to be wedded, Isabella. He never had a proper betrothed. And now, he must be married to a lovely lady. And soon."

You rose an eyebrow. "And does he know of this?"

"I doubt it. It's possible to have crossed his mind, but...if he is anything like his father, he would've left it alone to forget about."

Your eyes narrowed at him. "And why are you telling me this exactly?"

He offered a sweet smile that made his wrinkles appear around his eyes. "Because it isn't me who will be telling him."

. . .

Muttering under your breath, you knocked on his bedroom door. "Of course, leave it to Isabella...it's not like she cooks or cleans or creates a damn business, nope...just leave it all to Isabella..."

"Come In."

You smiled as you entered the room, but your feet stopped once you saw the shirtless master of yours that was surprisingly doing pull-ups on the bar attached to his bed frame.

"Um...master?"

After a few more, he dropped down and turned to look at you. And once he saw it was you, a smile came on his face. "Isabella, good morning."