His Maid, Freeloader: 1

A message From The Writer:

Okay, I understand if people don't like this, we are all entitled to our opinion.

I have made a bold decision and don't kill me Agni fangirls, but I gender-bent him in here as a girl named Ayani.

I just think it would better fit my story if he was a girl because of the cooking competition and where she's in the story right now. It just fits, okay? So don't hate me, don't stop reading the story. Just roll with it, okay? Thank you.

🤗

. . .

The snow was getting heavier now, swirling down in great flurries over the silent town, purposefully filling foot shaped imprints in the crisp, bitter snow. Christmas was almost here.

The streets were empty, still immersed in the darkness that came before the late December dawn. Naked trees dotted along the edge of the lanes creaked under the weight of the snow laying innocently on their branches that slid onto the ground during the sigh of the wind.

Yet, the cold atmosphere was blocked by glass and wood.

The curtains pulled to the side, revealing the blanket of snow that covered the balcony, the trees, the gardens, the frozen fountain and the road. It was a finishing touch of winter atmosphere to the freshly clean bedroom you had just finished.

You clapped your hands free of the dust that formed from the cleaning and frowned at the room. But, you weren't sure why.

The bed was made, the books and furniture dusted, the pillows fluffed, the floor swept, and every detail was perfected. It wasn't the state of the room you were frowning at. It was the fact that it would be the last time you would gaze upon this room.

Your eyes cast downwards at the blood ring upon your dominant hand. You've repeated this to the point it became a habit. And every time you would sneak just a glance at it, one memory came to mind.

Your hands involuntary twitched. You were ashamed of your actions. You treated your young master with unforgivable disrespect. But...you've also revealed to Ciel that you truly had no purpose here. Looking back, you wondered what it was that made you truly come back. Surely, not because of some human that's already dead.

With a sigh, you rose your hand up to the sapphire broach Ciel had given you and removed it from your collar to place it on the bed. This action was followed by the Phantomhive pocket watch and coat that was provided.

'This seems a bit dramatic, don't you think? You're wasting time by doing this, you know.'

You laughed at the voice in your head, knowing it might've been right, but chose to ignore it nonetheless as you looked over the items once more.

Without another glance, you turned around and walked out of the room, leaving the Phantomhive brand behind on your now former master's bed.

. . .

Your feet stopped at the base of the door to his study. You took a long moment to stare at it, before you rose your fist. But, just as you went to make contact with it's wood...

"Enter"

You stopped and dropped your hand, before twisting the knob and walking into the granted room.

His back was to you. His hands behind his back as he stood, gazing out the window.

You nearly froze at how alike he was to his father. Your master. Vincent.

Stop it. Don't.

You closed the door and locked it, before walking to the center of the room and bowing. "I've come to extend my apologies for my blundered behavior and inexcusable outburst last night. And...to extend my resignation."