Chapter 23

You woke up the next morning without Lucifer in your bed. Sitting up, you looked around rubbing your tired eyes looking for your lost lover. Soon the smell of bacon and pancakes float into your room. You were about to get out of the bed to follow the smell when Lucifer walked in carrying a tray.

The tray held a plate covered with pancakes dowsed in syrup, silverware, a glass of (favorite juice), and a small vase with a single (favorite flower). You looked at him, a large smile on your face. Then you realized today was your anniversary.

"Happy anniversary." he nodded, setting the tray on your lap.

"Happy anniversary to you too Y/n" he sat on the bed next to you.

You dug into the breakfast which tasted delicious as always. Both of you sat quietly as you ate. When you were finished he snapped away the tray before turning to you.

"Get dressed love we are going out." you smiled, pulling off the blankets and slipping out of the bed.

You walked over to grab clothes but an idea popped into your head. Instead of grabbing clothes you walked over to Lucifer, who was still sitting on the bed. He looked up at you as you grabbed both of his hands. You pulled him up and gave him a devious smile before pulling him towards the bathroom door. When he finally got the drift he smirked and followed you.

What a way to start the day.

~~~~~~~~

After your fun time in the shower you both got dressed and then you shoved Lucifer out of your room so you could dig in your closet for Lucifers gift. You had made it months ago and now it was finally time to give it to him. Yes you made it by yourself but you think he'll love it all the same.

"Yes." you said as you finally pulled the package from under a pile of clothes. It was wrapped neatly in red wrapping paper. 'To Lucifer' was written neatly on top. You really hoped he liked it.

~~~~~~~~

Lucifer was waiting patiently by the door. When you opened it he smiled down at you. You grabbed his hand and pulled him to the bed all while hiding the package behind your back.

"What is that." Lucifer pointed to the package behind your back. You shifted awkwardly and brought it in front of you.

"I-I made you something for our anniversary." you stuttered looking down at the package. You felt his hand under chin, moving your head to look at him.

"Whatever is I'm sure I'll love it." he smiled and you nodded, handing him the package.

He tore the paper off and stared at the cover of the photo album you had put together. He ran his hand over the cover before opening it. The first picture was a picture of Lucifer, eyes closed and smiling, with you kissing him on the cheek. He flipped the page and chuckled. It was a picture of You, him, and Gabe at a carnival. You and Gabe were picking cotton candy out of his hair.

By the time he had flipped through the whole thing he had tears in his eyes. This was the best thing you could have given him.

"So do you like it" you said once he closed it.

"I don't like it" he said looking at you. You looked down at your hands "Oh." you worked so hard on that photo album and he didn't like it. Then he said something else.

"I love it." you looked at him and leaned forward and gave you a gentle, living kiss.

"This is the best gift I have received in my entire existence." You smiled brightly.

"Really?" he kissed you again. "Yeah really." you tackled him into a hug.

"I'm glad you liked it." you whispered into his neck.

"I would have loved anything you could give me."