CHAPTER SIX

DUELLING CLASS

WHO WOULD EVEN KNOW that Diana Allister's brother would be the complete replica of her in some ways. Cunning, resourceful, and sarcastic. And with the fact that he had trouble making friends. He did have friends, but he didn't acknowledge them as his own friends, as he barely knew anything about them. Besides, Diana hated Jaime's attitude and how he behaved. He acted like he was superior, but he took it too far. Diana acted the same, but in truth, she wasn't at all.
       And who knew that behind the cunning demeanour he had and the cunning grin, he was in matter of fact, deep inside, the complete opposite of Diana.
       People see him as a replica of Diana. But Diana saw him as the opposite of her. But he was, once again, just as cunning. And Merlin knows how he even went into the girls' dorms that very morning. Hate churned in Diana's stomach as she remembered the horrible acts he had done. Jaime himself had abused his sister verbally, calling her names and making her break down. And he watched with a smirk, happy of that. Jaime was too mature for his age, Diana had to admit. And that very morning, Jaime Allister decided to be a cheery person by yelling into her ear to wake her up, out of all things he could've done.
       "I'm already up, there's no need for you to yell into my ear like I'm a deaf person," muttered Diana as she got up lazily. "Joff, uh, Jaime, what the fu -- oh, no cussing."
       "Don't call me that," said Jaime sharply. "That may be my middle name, but I go with my first name, dear sister." he said with a cunning glint in his bright green eyes shining. He had inherited the Allister hair (the silvery-blonde hair colour and the fact that Allister hair was always perfect) and the Rosier green eyes. Not the Allister blue eyes.
       And that was made him different from them. Diana had violet eyes, alike amethysts. Victoria had blue eyes; the colour of the ocean. And Jaime had green eyes.
       "Jonathan," said Diana, snickering.
       Jaime scowled at her. Diana loved that reaction. She did say that to get a reaction from him, and she did, alright.
       Diana got up, waving to her brother, as if to brush him off, as she quickly changed into her robes, her tie slightly messy, since she didn't know how to tie it properly. There was a spell for that, maybe, but she didn't know of that. But still. There must be one, since the possibilities of magic were endless, but for one thing, Diana Allister knew that there was only one thing that magic couldn't achieve. Perfection.
       Nothing was perfect. They were already perfect in their imperfect own way, and that was all that is needed. There was no need to be perfect at all. They just needed to be themselves, and stay as just how they were.
       "And you still don't have friends." Diana pointed out.
       "You say it like it's a bad thing." said Jaime with a groan. Diana smirked at him. Diana had friends, but she still had a bit of a trouble in socializing. She assumed that the Slytherins were just intimidated by her, but no one knew for sure anyways, not that she really cared. She was perfectly fine with her own friends at that time. Lily, Remus, Severus, and Ivory. Four friends were enough. If she had too many, she might lose track of who was who and which one she could trust. It's better to have a trusted small group of friends than a lot of friends, but you didn't know who to trust at all.
       "It is," said Diana. "And now it's time for breakfast, sweet brother -- " Jaime scowled deeper as Diana called him her 'sweet brother'. He clearly didn't like that nickname. " -- you'll have your lessons and don't forget to study hard." she cooed at Jaime, who smirked at the last part and did a gesture that Diana didn't need to learn sign language to understand.
       Diana shot an apprehensive look at Jaime, judging him for what he had done. Jaime was rude indeed.
       He gave her the middle finger, out of all things. How dare he. Diana grinned, knowing that she would surely get her revenge for that. She did have her own ways, after all, and knowing a lot of things was an advantage for her, that was for sure. She loved knowledge; if Diana Allister wasn't cunning or resourceful, she would have surely been put in Ravenclaw, and she had no doubt in that fact.
       Beside each other, they went off to the Great Hall, ready for another day of Hogwarts.
       Hogwarts was their home.

What you would never expect was that their Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, whom Diana forgot her name (Diana lost her concentration easily) had planned out an exciting lesson. Also known as dueling. Diana was fairly good at dueling, but she never really liked doing so. It tired her, and it was also wasting magic. Besides that, magic required focus, which Diana could rarely get, since her mind often wandered off to other things.
       The professor then began explaining the rules of dueling.
       "Only disarming, unless you've got a way to make your opponent drop your wand -- " said the professor, taking a small pause. " -- I'm only staying for a year, so let's make the best out of it. Durmstrang students can do good. Do as good as them. Honestly, I don't even know why am I teaching here this year, but let's go on with it."
       "Believe me, they're good," she said as the students nodded slowly. "Thomas Krum was the best in his year, alongside a girl, Victoria Bradley. Durmstrang doesn't only have boys, contraty to popular belief. It has both genders, as the same as Beauxbatons. Also with the fact that Beauxbatons also had boys, although less than girls. Also, let's not forget to mention that you may not severely harm your opponent, as safety precautions are needed. Black magic isn't allowed either. Only the spells that have been taught to you, unless you know some safe spells that are beyond your year." she said, taking another pause. It seemed to be a habit of years, or it was just done to grab the students' attentions once more. "Now we shall begin."
       She waved her wand, quickly assigning them to partners. Floating numbers of different shades appeared on top of their heads.
       Diana looked on top of her. Number eight. And go figure, she thought, for the person who got the same number as her was her least favourite Marauder at all. She groaned, knowing very well who it was.
       Sirius Black.
       "Out of all the people I could've gotten," muttered Diana to herself, sighing. "I get Sirius Orion Black the Third, blood-traitor and a disgrace to the 'Ancient and Noble House of Black', part of the Sacred Twenty-Nine," she scowled. She had nothing against blood-traitors -- she was friends with some of them, but she was forced to act like she hated them, and also -- he was a Marauder. He caused chaos in Hogwarts.
       Diana sighed as her violet eyes met Sirius's grey ones. Those grey eyes that were a part of the Black characteristics, including black hair and a regal walk. Sirius didn't have a regal walk, however. He strutted as if the whole castle of Hogwarts belonged to him. Diana was surprised that Hogwarts could fit James and Sirius' huge egos, in matter of fact. And now, she was going to fight Sirius Black. After seven pairs. And fate just had to make things worse by picking James Potter and Lily Evans as the first pair. The professor watched in amusement as Lily and James came to the front. Diana could bet that Lily was going to win the match, especially with the fact that James would gladly surrender to Lily. He was head over heels for her, and Diana Allister was one-hundred percent sure of that.
       Well, Diana could only see what would happen when two Gryffindors duel.
       I'm betting on Lily, thought Diana silently. I'm one-hundred percent sure that Lily Evans would win. For sure. She thought, keeping it for her own. She just knew that it would happen. She knew Lily very well, and most importantly, she knew that Lily Evans was a very skilled duelist, almost matching with Diana and Severus himself.
       Diana watched as James and Lily sized up each other. At least Lily was sizing up James. James was admiring Lily with a dazed smile etched upon his face as he ran a hand through his hair.
       Lily was the first one to shoot a spell. "Impedimenta!"
       James blocked off the spell easily with a shielding charm -- protego, thougth Diana -- as a jet of blue light shot out of James's wand, which Lily blocked effortlessly. Diana could see that Lily was gritting her teeth. It was going to be an amusing match to watch.
       Diana watched as Lily disarmed James quickly when he was caught distracted. Probably distracted by Lily's 'charming looks', thought Diana silently with a chuckle. She watched as pairs slowly switched, watching Gryffindors having victory over the Slytherins and Slytherins having victory over the Gryffindors. So far it was 4-3 to Slytherin. And Diana's eyes widened in realization when she counted the numbers.
       Because it was her turn against Sirius Black.
       She was ready for it, and she knew it. She had never been ready for anything before, for she wanted to bestow victory upon her house and make her parents proud of her. Diana Allister was very loyal to her house, and would do anything to make the Slytherins have victory over Gryffindor; last year they won against Gryffindor in the House Cup when Diana caught the Golden Snitch instead of Marlene McKinnon; Marlene was feeling dizzy and she passed out. Admittedly, Diana was slightly guilty over winning, but nevertheless she was very glad that her house had won the House Cup during her fourth year, of course.
       Diana hoped that she would get victory over the Gryffindors. She had to do the best for Slytherin. Also known as the house of snakes, the house of silver and green. Her house.
       The silver-blonde haired Slytherin stood up, clutching her wand tightly as she approached a grinning Sirius Black, a confident smile plastered upon his face.

q: what usually calms you down?

a: my friends! i've been calling them everyday since we can't meet :|