CHAPTER TEN

CURSED SOUL

DIANA ALLISTER WAS CURSED

DIANA ALLISTER WAS CURSED. She knew it, and it was unstoppable. She couldn't prevent it. Over the generations of Allisters, almost every of them were born with violet eyes. Every of them with violet eyes held the curse of the dragon.
       Jaime and Victoria didn't. Her mother didn't. Her father and grandfather did. She could remember the sleepless nights when her mother locked her up in a room while her father shouted outside, attempting to hurt her mother. Some nights she could hear fire crackling outside. But it didn't burn anything. The next morning, she saw her mother with burn marks.
       Her father's tantrum, yelling "Burn the all! Kill them all!" with a bloodthirsty expression was enough to send chills down her spine; and worry to be clouded in her violet eyes.
        Madness was unstoppable. It was controlling you like a puppet -- holding the strings -- taking your emotions and slowly, after a long time, breaking the strings of madness, not emotions, and carefully playing its game of chess, moving the Queen forwards... and destroying the King.
       It was a force that acted on your body. A result of inbreeding. A wall breaking through the rough waves inside you, slowly destroying every morsel of your soul, tearing it apart, making it leave your body as you cannot have control. You could only see the world around you as it revolves around the Sun. And there' no escape for you, because the only escape was death.
       And nobody wanted to die.
       They wanted to live. To live forever, enjoying the pleasure of the world, spending money on luxury when they had all they needed. Because humans were selfish. They were always that way. But sometimes there was someone that was pure of heart. Someone with a heart of gold, the touch of a rose, a voice as smooth as a cloud of honey. And that person was Diana Allister.
       But evil came from good. And good came from evil.
       And Diana Allister was driven between the two, with her silver tongue, beauty, and kindness. Both fitting for the two sides, fighting each other like two magnets with the same pole, shoving each other.
       "And there goes my sanity," whispered Diana, opening her eyes. She closed it once more wishing that it was a dream. She had forgotten what happened the night before -- she woke up to Jaime sitting by her. "I'm probably dead right now."
        "You're not, dear sister," said Jaime, a smirk on his face. "You're at the sofa of the Slytherin Common Room. Whose fault was it that you studied until midnight?"
       "It's my insomnia," said Diana with a scowl. "You know I find it hard to sleep, Jaime. I just can't. Not with those visions. They keep haunting me. I don't want to be like them and you know it," she said softly, her voice weak. Jaime nodded in understanding, for he too, knew the curse of the Allisters and what it held.
       "I wish I could help you," said Jaime, his voice cracking. "But I can't do anything about it. The healers at St. Mungos promised to help, but those bloody dimwits couldn't do anything about it. I suppose we're just cursed by fate."
       "I'll go for now," said Diana with a weak smile as she stood up hastily.
       She headed to the girls' dorms and quickly changed into her Slytherin robes, braiding her hair as usual. When she came out of the dorm room, Jaime was drinking tea. Of course. Her brother was a tea addict. He loved tea so much that Diana could swear that he'd trade her for an endless stock of tea anytime. You could trust her with that. Well I can't blame him that much, Diana thought as she hummed a tune under her breath. I am one too, but I'd never trade him for an endless stock of tea
       She quickly recalled the events that happened the night before. She vaguely -- vaguely remembered studying for her Charms test. She couldn't sleep and it was a must to uphold the name of her family, unfortunately. They expected her to be the perfect, smart and intelligent daughter when she just wanted to do what she wanted to do, but she couldn't, much to her luck. It was a must to be perfect, for the Allisters were seen as the perfect family of the wizarding world, pure and regal. She wished that she could just do what she want to do, but her blood status and surname prevented her from doing so. She wanted to be an auror, to fight against the dangers of the wizarding world, but the dangers itself was the Death Eaters and You-Know-Who, and that meant her own family. They were involved with the dark side, no doubt.
       "Jaime?" asked Diana as Jaime turned to her, his eyebrow raised in curiosity. "Do you ever like, want to stop being perfect like expected?"
       Jaime sighed, and nodded weakly. "A lot of times, Di," he said. "But we've got a reputation to uphold, and that is exactly what we're going to do."
       "Me too," Diana admitted. "Honestly I'm so sick of everything. I'm so sick of being the perfect eldest daughter, only to be betrothed to some pure-blood boy and then make even more pure-bloods. I don't want that."
       "If father heard that, he'll kill you," said Jaime in a soft whisper. Diana nodded, for she knew that very well. She was thankful that it was only her and Jaime right there. Just the two twins who want a life they can control, caged by their surname and blood status. They both knew how each other were feeling.
       They sat in silence for a while, the only sounds were their silver spoons clinking against their dainty, porcelain teacups, like the porcelain dolls they were. Perfect and poised, and yet easily broken when fallen. They may look strong, regal, and perfect but the Allister siblings were easily brought down, for they were weak.
       "We've got to go now." whispered Diana into Jaime's ear. Jaime stood up as the two, hand in hand, came out of the Slytherin Common Room.
       "Do we have any letters today?" asked Jaime with a raised eyebrow.
       "Yes," said Diana glumly, reaching out to her robe pockets, pulling out a sky-blue envelope and a plain envelope for her brother. "Here."
       She handed the plain envelope to Jaime, whose eyes twinkled oddly as he stared at the letter. Diana opened hers quickly, ripping off the wax seal as she pulled the letter out. Her hands gently touched the soft parchment before her eyes skimmed through it.

Dear Diana,

Your father's curse is getting worse. He will be gone soon, I'm afraid. But keep your hopes up. The Healers at St. Mungos are going through the problem slowly, finding a cure. Also a cure for yours, but I'm afraid that they have done no progress. No magic could even stop the curse. We were always cursed from the start, unfortunately.

Keep safe at Hogwarts and take care of Jaime. Remember to burn this letter and vanish it. No one can know about the curse of the Allisters. Only the specialized Healers at St. Mungos and our family. Remember that. If they know, our reputation will be tarnished. They will see us as dark beings that need to be killed and they will hunt us down if we do so, and we would have to go into hiding, away from the rest of the world. I am telling you this because you understand, Diana. Please. Stay safe, for my sake.

I will stay by your side.

No matter what, my dear daughter, I will always be by your side. Even when I'm gone, know that I will still be holding your hand, guiding you through the darkness of the world.

I'm your mother, and I love you to a great extent, my child. Please stay safe in Hogwarts. Hogwarts might be in great danger soon, and I want you to be safe; away from that, especially with the Allister Curse that you carry with you. Take care, Diana.

Cynosure Rosier-Allister.

       There was an odd way that she wrote the word 'Rosier' that made Diana confused. She ignored that feeling as she burned the letter quickly using the fire charm, and making it disappear ("Evanesco!") as she passed through the hallway with Jaime, who was reading his letter.
       She felt sweat trickling down her neck. It wasn't going to be good.
       And yet, since when was anything good when it came to the Allisters? Truth to be told, they had problems, far worse than any in the wizarding world.
       She remembered how her father yelled at her that day, his eyes glinting with madness. A madness that no mortal had. His soul seemed to have escaped his body, gone. His sanity wad gone. He was insane and mad, like the dragon ancestors before him.

"Burn them all!" yelled Jaime Allister, flipping the table. He waved his wand, violet eyes glinting with madness as the glass of the chandelier above exploded, sending shards down onto the floor.
       Some of the shards had hit Diana. She bled scarlet liquid, staining the white carpet under her. She was young back then, a child of twelve, and stared in a fascinated way at the scarlet blood pouring down. She watched, violet eyes innocent, like the child she once was. The innocent child in the sea of lost souls, not ready for the darkness of the world just yet.
       "Jaime!" exclaimed Diana's mother, who had blood in her hands, scarlet and crimson. She was panicking, running through the messy floor as she headed over to her husband, who was shouting madly. There were tears running down her cheeks. Something told Diana that she was truly crying, for she knew that it was going to happen eventually. The curse of the dragon just ran through their veins, and the blue-eyed Allisters were lucky not to have it.
       "Burn!" shouted Jaime Allister I at his own wife, as a spell shot out of his wand. Cynosure Rosier-Allister fell down on the floor, crying to herself, for she knew that she couldn't do anything to stop it at all.
       That night, Diana cried herself to sleep.

q: saddest disney movie?

a: maybe moana. i remember crying to it