CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

SECOND

I lost the gif lol I hate myself it was perfect

- ⚜️ -

IT WAS ALMOST THE END of Diana's sixth year at Hogwarts. Time flew fast; alike an eagle in the sky that flew swiftly among the other ones. The year went with a rush. It was as if the sixth year she had was just a short break.

"Sirius. Get off me you diseased dog," muttered Diana. Sirius was sleeping – almost on her shoulder, at a sofa in the Gryffindor Common Room. Previously, they were finishing their Herbology homework, but Sirius had somehow fallen asleep near her. "Geroff!"

Sirius got up quickly and laughed, the bark that resembled his animagi form, a dog. "You're comfy enough for me, Allister."

       Diana chuckled as she got up, getting her book with her. She turned around to Sirius, who was still grinning at her. She turned the other direction, only to see James, holding out his wand as if he were about to conduct the orchestra (Peter did the same, as same with Remus). All of a sudden, music played in the background. The music that would be played in balls; the one you get lost in, as if it were a muggle Disney movie. The cliché ones that Lily showed her, the ones that included princes and princesses in ravishing balls, true love kisses.

Sirius held out his hand to Diana.

Diana accepted his hand with a laugh, throwing her head to the back. Some things, like Sirius's 'formality', hadn't changed, after all. It stayed like it was supposed to.

       And with that, they danced around the Gryffindor Common Room, looking like maniacs, but none of them didn't care. They were lost in the music, going around the Common Room, staring at each other's eyes as if they were the best thing in the universe.

       Beside them, Remus and James were dancing with each other dramatically (Diana would bet that James imagined that Remus was Lily; he was very much still in love with the redhead), and Peter appeared to be the one conducting the orchestra, which he did brilliantly. He certainly had a talent in music, which none of the Marauders had noticed before. Peter was more than just the person that follows the Marauders around.

       He was the one that planned obvious things that no one would expect; helping the Marauders by getting them food.

       He wrote notes for them when they fell asleep in the middle of their class.

       Sirius spun Diana as they laughed, dancing ridiculously while students watched them with odd looks, and later, some even joined them. Marlene had danced with Remus, who was quite nervous. Dorcas Meadowes went over to James, who was watching Lily while he danced with Dorcas.

He pulled her close slowly, until he could see the small golden specks in her eyes, glinting with mischief, as it always did. Always.

Their breaths slowly mingled together as they pulled closer, unable to withstand the urge to be one, together. Their hearts fluttered in sync. There were butterflies in Diana's stomach. Her stomach was doing backflips as slowly, their lips were pressed into one.

In the background, they could hear Gryffindors cheering, and James dramatically pretending to wipe a tear from his face.

"You said that you'd never kiss me, that one time," said Sirius to Diana once they pulled apart. "What happened to that?"

Diana smiled at him. "I've changed my mind."

Perhaps some things definitely changed. Diana Allister and Sirius Black were finally together as one. Just like how fate intended to.