CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

LILY AND JAMES

- ⚜️ -

"D'you think James is going to mess up?" asked Sirius as they looked at James and Lily, who were chatting. They could only see them through the window, but it seemed that Lily was having a great time, which warmed Diana's heart. She knew that Lily liked James. She was just too stubborn and protective over Snape to admit it.

       "He's not going to mess up," said Diana, looking through the windows of the Three Broomsticks. "I'm not letting him mess up," she said, shaking her head slightly as they ducked down.

       "Okay," said Sirius, looking through the window.

       James and Lily were laughing at something James had said. Lily had a hand over her mouth, her emerald eyes twinkling with happiness. James Potter had finally done it. He had asked Lily Evans out; as friends. And it was good enough for another date at Hogsmeade. Diana couldn't help but smile at the sight of James awkwardly blushing while Lily laughed.

       "They're fine, Sirius," said Diana, pulling Sirius towards her, kissing him on the cheek lightly with a small smile. "We'd better stop spying on them."

       "I wouldn't call it spying," muttered Sirius under his breath, making Diana laugh. They two held hands with each other as they got up from the bushes, walking on the cobblestone road as they headed to the Three Broomsticks.

       They laughed together as they walked, hand in hand, to the cozy building of the Three Broomsticks. They could smell the sweet Butterbeer and treacle tart when they were near; scents that Diana loved. She truly did like Butterbeer, the warm, sweet flavor was something that was worth two sickles. She loved being in the Three Broomsticks. It felt like a second home. Hogwarts was her home, after all. Diana walked in, the bell ringing as she and Sirius took a seat at one of the comfortable seats.

       Sirius ordered the Butterbeer, insisting that he was the one that should've paid, being the gentleman he was. At the end of the argument, Diana was the one to pay for the two, smiling smugly.

       But winning didn't feel like victory to her.

       Using her persuasion, even for the smallest of acts, have cut a wound in her heart, making her feel pain in the inside. Her soul was being tortured but she didn't show any signs of it, keeping a stoic expression and smiling to hide the pain. A simple fake smile worked to hide the pain she had endured.

       And Sirius Black had fell for the fake smile, making her even more guilty about it. She wanted to reverse it, but it was no use. What was done was already done.

       "You know that I should've pain for us. I'm the gentleman." said Sirius jokingly.

       "No. It's the matter of equality, Sirius. Men and women are both supposed to be equal. Not men better than women. Not women better than men," said Diana, casually sipping on some of her Butterbeer as she placed the mug down with a thud.