CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

VISIONS

- ⚜️ -

The train was eerily silent when the five Marauders boarded it; it was very unlike the usual bright chatter; the scarlet walls seeming to fade away from its bright color. Distant chatter could be heard throughout the polished train; chatter of anxiety and worry that spread through the train swiftly.

       Words flowing like waves, around the train, as the five Marauders entered their compartment in silence; not talking at all, unlike their usual chatter that tended to annoy students. A lot of students usually complained about the noise the Marauders made, saying that they were noisy and disruptive, but this time, everything seemed to be...silent. It was strange, for them to hear nothing at all besides the low whispers and white noise around them.

       There was a long moment of silence before any of them decided to speak.

       The only sounds in the compartment was the drumming of fingers (it was James who did that. He had a habit to drum his fingers on anything when he was nervous.) on the windows and sighs coming from each of them, and the distant chatter of students walking around the hallway of the train.

      "It's going to be our last year," said Remus quietly. "Are you going to miss Hogwarts?"

      Diana gave a small nod. So did the others; Peter managed a small squeak.

       "Di?" asked Sirius, breaking the silence once more. "Are you okay?"

       Diana turned to Sirius with a stoic, emotionless expression on her face. "I'm fine," she said, lying smoothly, words flowing like a smooth current from her mouth. "Nothing is troubling. Everything is fine." said Diana insistently, nose scrunched up slightly.

       Sirius shot her an uncertain look as he turned to James, who kept drumming his fingers on the compartment's window, his eyes staring into the towering hills and trees in the distance - dark clouds on the grey sky, rolling over the once-vibrant hills, staring into the nothingness. There was nothing to see in the distance - only the cloudy landscape, which Diana took no interest of at all. Her mind was troubled enough that she could not think clearly at all. Her vision was slightly blurry. She might need to check the prescription she needed for glasses. She would be needing them, but that can wait. Her vision wasn't really bad.

       They spent the ride in silence, but it was stopped when the trolley lady stuck her head into the compartment, a scowl etched upon her face.

       "Anything from the trolley, dears?" she asked glumly.

       "Ten chocolate frogs," said James, looking at each of them. "Three pumpkin pasties, two cauldron cakes, one Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, one Ice Mice-" Peter gave a small smile- "-and one bar of chocolate."