CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

i thought this book was going to end at this chapter but we still have chapter 46 and the epilogue nvm

THE MARK

- ⚜️ -

IT WAS CHRISTMAS EVE. Diana Allister was brought back to her manor forcefully, unable to escape. Her hand wouldn't be cleansed of darkness, marked and stained with his mark. She couldn't escape, she had no choice.

       Diana took a deep breath as she entered the manor. The manor that she used to call home. But home was a feeling, not a place. She didn't feel like home at Allister Manor.

       It felt like stepping into the cold harsh darkness. The chill of winter spread through her, surging through her veins. The coldness of the manor that could've killed, the icy temperature and the dimly lit halls, and the creaking floorboards that sent shudders down her spine. Curtains seemed move when there was no wind, causing fear to spread through her veins.

       Allister Manor wasn't a pleasant place. Not one bit at all.

       It was a dark place with mysteries that even her father didn't know. The ghosts of the Allister triplets still lived at the manor, occasionally helping Diana.

       Rowan Allister had been the friendliest. She was a serious yet intelligent Allister, who had existed at Merlin's time and lived for a long time. She was one of Merlin's apprentices, and had helped to build Hogwarts. Rumor has it that Rowena Ravenclaw was friends with her. It was true. She was friends with the four founders of Hogwarts.

       And the rest of the triplets weren't so kind, but they had helped Diana with her homework and experiments, which she was thankful about.

       They taught her Occlumency, inventing spells and potions, and had been the one to tell her about the Curse of the Dragon, which only one of them had inherited, and passed on. Daenerys Allister didn't marry.

"And how about you, Rowan?" asked a fourteen-year-old Diana, talking to the ghost of her ancestor. "Do you have any descendants?"

"No," Rowan would answer. "The Allister with the curse was the only one that passed on. He had the curse of the dragon, which passed on to your father and grandfather... possibly to you," Daenerys added glumly.

"What's the curse of the dragon?" Diana asked curiously.

"I can't tell you, dear," Rowan would answer.

       At the summer of her sixth year, Daenerys had revealed to her what the curse of the dragon was.

"Once upon a time, a dragon fell in love with a human. He turned into his human form and approached the young maiden. The young maiden was absolutely smitten with the handsome man. On that very day, they eloped in a cave nearby... and the result was the Allister triplets."