CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

THE FIRST OF SEPTEMBER

- ⚜️-

Diana received a package that morning. Carried by a very familiar owl - Circe, her family owl. The silvery-haired girl quickly got up, slowly approaching the owl - taking careful steps. She hoped that she didn't make a sound; she wouldn't want to wake up the Potters, that was for sure. James, out of all people, hated being woken up early, and Diana learnt that fact just a few days ago.

       She instantly lunged for a handful of owl treat, slowly feeding it to Circe. She untied a leather satchel from the owl quickly, before sending it off into the sky; back to Allister Manor. Diana opened the leather satchel, only to reveal several bottles of the Dreamless Sleep Potion.

       It was just one of the secrets she kept from the Marauders. Her nightmares were only between her and her mother. Secrets were meant to be kept, after all.

       And on that very day, on the first of September, the three were ready to go to Hogwarts. Sirius Black, James Fleamont Potter, and Diana herself.

       "Morning," muttered James as he entered the kitchen, a grin plastered on his face. The usual cocky grin that Diana wanted to wipe off his face sometimes. "Why are you awake so early? Thought you usually wake up late."

       With a roll of her eyes, Diana replied calmly, keeping a straight expression, "It's the first of September, Potter. I would, of course, wake up early."

       James's eyes went wide as galleons (although that was just an exaggeration) and he looked like he had gained a sugar rush. He ran around quickly and prepared breakfast for himself quicker than anyone could say 'Hogwarts'... metaphorically.

       And with that, Diana had gained the unfortunate task of waking up Sirius Black, much to her own dismay. Diana gave in when Sirius pretended to snore. She cracked her knuckles and dragged Sirius to the kitchen, and Mrs. Potter levitated him on one of the seats. Sirius muttered something with the lines of 'still pissed off that you got straight O-s in your OWLS. So did Lily', which resulted in Diana scowling at the black-haired Gryffindor.

       Diana took a seat on one of the scarlet-and-gold seats, nose scrunched up in disgust. Mrs. Potter gawked at her before transforming the chair into a blue-and-silver one, since she wasn't a particular fan of her own house either.

       Perfect, thought Diana as she bit into some of her toast.

       After that, Diana packed her trunk, sorting through the items quickly, but not before hiding her Dreamless Sleep potions at the bottom of her trunk. She arranged her Potions materials and books neatly – and of course, money in one tidy corner. After she put books into her bag (Undetectable Extension and Weightless Charm, making the bag endless and light), she was ready to go. After one look at her trunk, making sure that  was packed - Diana followed the Potters into their 'car', a muggle invention that could 'drive' them through the streets of London.

       "Are you sure that this could fit us all, Mr. Potter?" asked Sirius worriedly. "It looks small."

       "Don't worry, Sirius. This car have been magically extended in the inside." said Mr. Potter with a wink. "We'll all fit comfortably, alright."

       Diana smiled nervously as she opened the car door and entered with a grin.

       The car was indeed larger in the inside; it could fit five people in a row very comfortably - Diana would bet a hundred galleons on it.