EPILOGUE

THE LAST FAREWELL

- ⚜️ -

She wasn't coming back. She was dead, reunited with the lost souls, and she was away from him. All hope was lost into the darkness, fading away. All of those were a memory of the past, far away from him. Dimensions away, she was free, reunited with the stars. She was finally dancing with the stars, where she belonged. He loved her, and fate had intended it to be like that.

And he accepted the fate. She was dead, she was dead, and she was dead. His love, his Juliet, his Helen of Troy.

Death was unpreventable. A strange thing that people had feared, and yet life hurt more than death. At the point of death, pain was over. And the pain was bestowed upon others, a never-ending cycle of life that continued on and on without any ending. Death wasn't fair. It only takes and takes. And nothing could change that. The balance between life and death.

A man who fears losing had already lost.

He had feared to lose his lover, and he had lost her. Once, someone had told him: "The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained."

Her death was unexpected. She was the Queen in chess that was defeated by the King. The King was Death. He was the King on the same side with her. And he was determined to avenge his Queen.

He didn't have any time to say goodbye. The most painful thing about it was that he couldn't muster out the words. The hidden words within him that was kept inside. He kept it all in because he feared. Words that he was scared to speak about to her. How he had gotten disowned. About his brother. About his family. He kept secrets from her, and he remembered that she didn't like lies – and that made the burden upon his death heavier.

Tears fell onto the ground slowly, onto the emerald grass that she had walked upon. His vision was a blur as petals rose petals were scattered on the ground.

"I miss you, Diana," said Sirius softly, his hand grazing over the stone of her grave. "I bloody miss you," he said, as tears watered down his cheeks.

He could almost imagine her standing in front of him. "I missed you too," she would've said. "But you have to move on, Sirius," she'd say. But he couldn't. Time didn't heal wounds. It taught people how to live with the wounds.

"I can't live without you," said Sirius, hearing footsteps behind him. The Marauders, Lily, and Ivory Greengrass, thought Sirius glumly as he cried, hastily wiping his tears on the sleeve of his shirt.

"You okay, mate?" asked James. His tone was less cheery than usual.

"We're all worked up from losing Diana," said Remus. "But she's dead now," he said in a saddened tone. Remus was hit by the pain, by a lot; she was his best friend, after all.

Some wounds...they couldn't be healed. One of the wounds that could not be healed at all – was the death of Diana Allister that had brought darkness upon the five of them there. The four remaining Marauders and the two girls.

"I miss Diana," Peter squeaked out.

"And so do all of us," said Ivory softly, placing a hand on Sirius' shoulder, causing him to flinch at her warm touch. He was cold, in the crisp, chilly autumn day. He had forgotten to wear a scarf – he had been in a hurry. Facing Diana's body, cold and stiff in the coffin, she was unfamiliar.

She looked cold, not with her usual warmth that Sirius had fallen for. Her hands were folded on her chest, with her wand in it. Sirius's hands grazed over the wand softly, before picking it up in his hands. It had a dragon on it, spitting out fire-like engravings on the wand. It felt warm in his cold hands. With a breath, he pocketed it, leaving it to rest in his pockets. A last memory of her. A small treasure that would help him remember her. I will never forget about you, Sirius promised himself silently, as he wiped a tear away.

And he would never, as long as he stepped foot on earth. He would remember her until the very end; and nothing was going to stop him from doing so.

He wasn't going to forget about her. There was nothing about Diana Allister that he could've forgotten. She was the true epitome of beauty, fairer than Aphrodite nor Helen of Troy, with the fierce soul of Artemis, and the curiosity of Athena.

"All of us do miss her," said Sirius, his voice cracking his he spoke.

"She was my friend," whispered Lily softly, putting a hand on Sirius's back. "My true friend, even though she was a Slytherin. She befriended me, a mudblood," she said, letting out a breath.

"She was more than just a friend. She was my best friend. I thought it would last forever. And it was all my fault," said Ivory, as a droplet fell down onto the ground, joining the tears that had fallen.

"It wasn't your fault," James interrupted.

Ivory turned to James with a sad smile. "I tried to kill her. It only drove her crazier. I could've helped her during the battle. But I ran. I was a coward, and I bloody knew how to do the Patronus Charm," she said, as she held Remus's hand tightly. Sirius couldn't help but notice it. Remus only looked at him and nodded.

There was always light in the darkness. Yin and Yang. There was light in darkness and darkness in light. The world was about making good and evil equal, not one above the other. Diana's death had made evil rise, and was balance with good. She was the goddess that was slain by darkness, taken into the cold hands of death...and good was in chaos, as the balance shifted, light above dark, and dark above light.

"I need time," said Sirius, voice barely audible in the wind of autumn.

The Marauders, Lily, and Ivory nodded, as they left, with one last look of longing at the coffin, as the pain struck in their hearts, and tears fell down.

Sirius walked towards the coffin, placing a white flower on top of it. It was the same color as her pale skin, the pale, bony skin unlike her previous light skin, with warmth in it. I miss you, thought Sirius silently. And I know that you're not coming back. But I wish that you did.

He stepped to the front, holding her hand. It was cold, and the stench of death surrounded him like a ghost of his past. Ghosts in his past that had haunted him surrounded all around, whispering words into his ear softly. She was his shield to darkness, and the shield had been destroyed. There was no hope for him, and he accepted it.

The eloquent has died, and the silver remained. Diana Allister had died, and a memory of her remained in their hearts.

All that remained from Diana Allister was the memories that will stick to them. The memories that they wouldn't forget. The memories that they were going to remember until the very end. But they all knew, that there were worse things coming for them. The dark times were coming.

For the brightest light cast the darkest of shadows.