CHAPTER ELEVEN

THE MOVING STAIRCASES

Lily and Diana were going out for a walk around Hogwarts; hours after the dueling club, until she saw someone. Someone asleep on the moving staircase. A moving staircase, out of all things they could've slept on. It was Remus. Remus John Lupin, asleep on the staircase, a bit of drool coming out from the corner of his mouth. It was a funny sight to Lily – but she knew that something was wrong with the werewolf.
Lily had figured it out on third year with Diana. Remus disappeared every full moon. In matter of fact, his boggart was James, Peter, Sirius, Lily, and Diana being hurt by him. Scars etched upon their chests from wolf claws.
Lily recognized the wolf claw pattern and had told Diana about it. They consulted Remus, who freaked out at first, but once the Gryffindor knew that Diana and Lily weren't afraid of him, but rather, accepted him, Remus was calm. Lily Evans couldn't hold it anymore. She was laughing. Diana was, too. A melodious laugh, escaping her lips.
"Remus!" exclaimed Diana, a hand over her smiling mouth, a happy gleam in her violet eyes. Lily and Diana couldn't hold it anymore. They were laughing at the Gryffindor, hand clasped over their mouths. Diana then stayed shut. It wasn't really kind of her to laugh at her own friend. Quickly, the werewolf woke up and quickly slung his had over Diana's back. Diana blushed slightly.
"My goodness, Remy," said Diana with a smile. She allowed him to put a hand over her back. Diana helped Remus put a hand over Lily's back.
"I was just taking a rest, Diana, Lily." insisted Remus quickly. Diana knew that he wasn't really taking 'a rest', but she nonetheless nodded along to it and gave him one of her bright smiles. Remus smiled back at her, his hazel-coloured eyes twinkling slightly. Diana thought he looked cute.
"Yeah, and I'm the Queen of England!" exclaimed Lily with a smile. Remus fell asleep easily at the oddest of places – Diana's shoulder, the sofa at the Gryffindor Common Room, the library, under a tree by the Black Lake, and many more. He fell asleep at the most random of times, too, and luckily Diana and Lily were ready just in case such thing happened. They would always be ready for him, for he was their friend. Their close friend. And they cared for each other, and would be there for each other no matter what Diana and Lily pretended that Remus' didn't need a hand over their backs because he was weak. They already knew why he was weak. It wasn't his fault at all. Remus had told the pair the story. His father insulted Fenrir Greyback, which resulted in Fenrir invading Remus' house and finally scarring Remus on several parts.
The two girls knew that he didn't need pity. He needed comfort and love. And since then, Diana and Lily had been protective over the Gryffindor, helping him through his worst times, even though they couldn't be there during his transformations. They did stay with Remus when he was at the Hospital Wing, though. They were there for him when no one else was, and had always been there for him. No matter what, they would be loyal and overprotective over him.
Diana waved her wand, drying the drool off the corner of Remus' mouth. But little that the trio knew that there were three people watching them under an Invisibility Cloak.
They would not have ever expected anyone to be watching them at that very moment. No, not at all. It wasn't just a coincidence that they were watching them, of course. Peter Pettigrew, James Potter, and Sirius Black watched their friend intently under James' Invisibility Cloak. Sirius had an odd feeling in his chest. A feeling that wasn't supposed to be there at all...
Jealousy. Jealousy over his own best friend, jealousy that he wasn't supposed to feel.
Sirius knew that he wasn't supposed to be jealous over his own best friend. He was supposed to be happy for him. But the feeling just lingered in his heart, and it won't disappear no matter what he did to get rid of it.