CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

AWAY FROM HOME

- ⚜️ -

Diana hated going back to her home. Allister Manor. One of the reasons were that her parents had the 'Death Eater' meetings and everything was bland and boring. She preferred the magic of Hogwarts, that was for sure. She preferred Hogwarts' stony walls and wooden floors compared to her grand and regal home, otherwise known as Allister Manor.

She approached Jaime at the entrance to Hogwarts. She sat next to him. "I'll be one compartment with the Marauders and Lily. You be fine, okay?" she patted Jaime's back, who nodded at her, quiet.

Jaime's unusually quiet, thought Diana suspiciously. Diana ignored that thought. It was probably nothing of great importance. She didn't really care about him. Not especially after he verbally bullied her own little sister, Victoria Allister. Victoria deserved better. She didn't deserve to stay locked up in her room, unable to go anywhere at all. She deserved to be free, like Jaime and Diana were. She deserved to be able to see the sunlight during the holidays, play in the snow, watch as the snow falls and tickles her cheeks gently, and enjoy the warm heat of summer with an ice-cream cone in her hands. Diana had all that, and Victoria didn't get to experience them. Her heart sank.

She ran to Hogsmeade station, passing the sea of students, looking for Lily.

"Lils," she said, her tone airy before taking an abrupt turn. "Where's Snivellus?" asked Diana sharply, her tone suddenly changing that Lily had to flinch slightly.

"With his friends," said Lily confusedly, unaware of what Snape had done to the Hufflepuff ages ago. "Why do you call him Snivellus? He's still a good person." She looked at her with such an innocent look that Diana didn't want to tell her what happened. But she should, and she was going to tell her right away. The truth might hurt, but it is the truth and someday, you have to face it.

"He made cuts appear on a fourth-year Hufflepuff's body. Nasty. I had to bring her to the Hospital Wing. He used a spell called 'sectumsempra," Diana told her.

Lily looked shocked. She stepped away. Diana couldn't blame her for being shocked. She, too, had been shocked when she saw Snape doing that. She didn't really expect him to be that kind of person, but yet again, he had always been sort of suspicious to her, in a strange way. Diana walked away from her red-haired friend, relieved to finally release the truth. Diana looked for the four Marauders quickly. She spotted a long-haired boy with a black-haired boy, a brunette, and a sandy-haired boy. Eureka. She found them.

"Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs," said Diana, handing Peter, Sirius, and James their mandrake leaves. Three for each just in case. "Not Moony, because he doesn't need it." She cracked a grin at Remus. He smiled back at her. "Don't fail me."

"Yes, ma'am!" exclaimed James, Sirius, and Peter in unison, mock-saluting her, bowing.

"Thou shalt not disappoint me," said Diana sarcastically, making the four of the Marauders laugh.