CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

IVORY GREENGRASS

- ⚜️ -

Ivory Greengrass, a voice in his head whispered into his ear. The beauty of a Slytherin, with her alluring emerald, bright green eyes that contained darkness, and her blonde hair that fell in soft ringlets. She was a sight not easily forgotten. He remembered how she looked, every inch of her, and how her eyes sparkled when she smiled.

       Her green eyes alike emerald grass as a summer's breeze swept through it softly, and how her hair was blown in the wind messily, flashing a bright smile. He loved her. Veni. Vidi. Amavi. We came. We saw. We loved.

       He came to her. He saw her as a beauty like Aphrodite, the brave soul of Artemis, the intelligence of Artemis - far more breathtaking than a kingdom, with a mountain towering above. He loved her. Truly. The shattered soul beneath and the broken eyes that he had fallen for was what he had cared about. Struck by a forbidden banner, the lion and the serpent fell for each other, but far more different than his two fellow friends. It wasn't a happy ending. Life wasn't a fairytale. It was a story, and you go through it on your own.

       Not like the fairytales Remus had known when he was little - Snow White, Cinderella, and Belle the Beauty, his ending wasn't a happy one.

       Deep inside, Remus knew that his fate wouldn't be a good one. Borne a young son into a nice family - a pure-blood as a father and a muggle as a mother. He was tainted by a young age, and kept away from others. Kept away from people, left with none, and scarce of friends until he was sent off on the scarlet train. He was alone outside the high castle, where he could only stay isolated and a beast.

        A beast every moon, when he howled at the silver sphere in the sky, as he scratched on the walls of the Shrieking Shack, unable to escape his beast form. Rumors in Hogwarts had spread of a werewolf in the woods, and those rumors were true. He was the werewolf in the Forbidden Forest, running along with his four friends, with one being a feared beast, another the king of the forest, another man's best friend, and the last being the one that helped him as much as he could. Peter helped a lot. Lately he had been with the snakes. The Slytherins. And the Marauders had noticed it, but James had reminded them that Peter had every right to be with who he wanted to be with, but it was an unwise decision.

       Oh, how Remus wished that things were different.

       He wished that he hadn't been a werewolf. He wished that Severus Snape hadn't called Lily a mudblood - he was in good terms to Remus, and was kind to him at the rarest of times.

       He wished that he was different.

       The furious scribbling of a quill was heard in the silent scarlet-and-gold room, as what was heard was the wind that flew in from the open window, showing the soft blue arc of the sky. The usual drumming of fingers and the soft sighs of the room was heard, caused by the lazy students seated on the floor of the Marauders' dorm room, as they were almost every single day since their seventh year had started.