Chapter 6: A Burning Bond

I lay in bed, tossing and turning, my insides on fire as my wolf went wild. I whimpered and whined softly not wanting to wake Aiden from his nap. Gasping for air as I clenched my stomach just wanting it to stop, wanting it to end.

"DADDY!!" I yelled not worrying about Aiden's sleep anymore. It hurt too much to bare, I couldn't take it. My dad and my mom burst through the door, my mom going straight to Aiden and my dad straight to me. "It hurt's so much. My wolf, she.. OOWW!!! She won't stop. I'm on fire!!"

"Ssshhh sweetie, it's okay. It's alright okay? It's just the bond, it'll be fine honey." My dad said pulling me into him, holding and cradling me. For 2 hours my insides burned and stung, my skin felt as if someone dumped boiling water on me. I was sweaty and my heartbeat was rapid. I hurled twice, my vision fuzzed up, my body shaking, and the rest of me feeling as if it were being ripped apart. When it finally resided I was tired and my hormones made it impossible not to cry.

"Daddy what happened?" I finally asked as my dad got ready to leave my room. He hesitated, then for a moment he just lingered there in my doorway. He turned around, face seeming paler then normal as he took a deep breath. "Tell me... please."

"I think you should have a talk with Eric. You two need to figure this out for Aiden, not him or you but Aiden. He deserves the chance to have his biological father in his life." My dad sighed locking his eyes on mine. "Your bond. That feeling of fire. That's your bond but I don't know what's happened. You'd have to talk to Eric to figure that out."

With those words my dad left the room and I headed to the shower to clean myself up changing into a tank top and sweat before pacing my room. Debating whether or not to call him, whether or not to invite him over for a talk. 

"Whatcha thinking?" A voice said startling me out of my skin. Eric. He sat perched up on my window, sweat dosing his face. He looked ill and his eyes didn't have their usual fire. They looked... Lifeless.

"You don't look to well." I pointed out falling onto my back in my bed. Ryan would be back, sometime soon I presumed, from his meeting with David.

"I could say the same about you Adster." He frowned climbing in and laying on the floor beside my bed. 

"It was the bond thing you know. The 2 hours of fire burning through our nimble veins, the sudden illness making it feel as if your body was breaking." I sighed looking over the side of my bed as I rolled over onto my tummy. "All the bond. Do you know why?"

"My dad says he thinks it might be because I killed someone for you without actually claiming you first. My mom thinks it's just the fact that we've gone so long without each other. Either or." He frowned looking up at me, his face expression pained as he looked me in the eyes like he'd die if he didn't. I couldn't lie, looking in his eyes made my body calm down if only alittle.

"What do you mean by claiming me? We had sex. Rape or not, it was still sex." I sighed confused but refusing to break the eye contact that was so comforting.

"Marking you. I haven't marked you Adalaid. By marking you you become mine, then our wolves could talk, I could feel it if you were to cheat, and more. But I haven't marked you because... Your not mine. You're his." He puffed and I gave a slight nod in understanding.

"Well I guess it's just gonna hurt then." I frowned and he stared me down. His blue eyes piercing into my core as he breathed in and out. I'll admit it, he was enticing but I knew better. 

"Why can't you just forgive me? I made mistakes. I messed up Adalaid, but I keep trying to fix it. I know I can't erase it, I know I can't do that but I wish I could. I wish I could hold you so close and take it away but I can't Adalaid. It keeps me up at night knowing you'll never love me again." He frowned his face suddenly tired.