Chapter 01™

"SUNDAYS"

"I thinks she's still asleep," I listened to the soft sound of Ryan's voice echoing through the short hall of our home, his tone apologetic as he spoke to whomever. I smiled, my hand racing over his empty spot in our bed, sniffing the air to intake his scent before forcing myself out of it. Slowly making my way to our bedroom door. "Maybe later-"

He stopped mid sentence, no doubt hearing the sound of the creaky oak door, and just as I poked my head out, he turned to observe me. A grin spreading across his facial features as our eyes locked. I grinned back and raced a lazy hand through my messy brown locks.

"There she is!" I grinned as Adriana Michaels, a neighbor of whom Ryan and I had become close with over the last year, bounded into our quaint house. Ryan rolled his eyes.

"Well sure, of course you can come in. Make yourself at home!" I smirked at his sarcasm before wrapping my arms around Adri in greeting.

"Don't be too loud," I warned tiredly, "You'll wake Aiden."

"It's nearly nine, how are you all still asleep?" Adriana complains, glancing at me then Ryan before relocking her brown eyes onto mine. "I come over, the baby's still asleep and neither of you are even dressed. You two would be a mess without me."

"No," Ryan sighed walking over, his arm sliding around my waist as he gently kisses my forehead. "We'd be well rested."

"Well excuse me for-"

"Waking me up before noon on my only day off?" Ryan interrupts. "You're excused. Now, did you actually want something or are you just here to get on my nerves?"

"This is why we never get along." She frowned, playfully glaring at Ryan before smiling broadly at me. "But anyway, Jameson's taking Tatiana to his mother's today and I was thinking, I don't know, maybe you and Aiden would like to join me and JJ for lunch? We could even take them to the park afterwards. It'd be great!"

"I don't know Adri, it is Ryan's only day off..." I frown in response, glancing at him out the corner of my eye.

"It's okay love," He assured me. "I've got some other things to do today if you want to go."

"Like?"

"Ace and David wanted to go to the gym, plus I've got some paper work to finish up before tomorrow or Mr. Luckner will be on my throat. I'll be fine." He smiles, and I can suddenly feel the butterflies arising in my chest as he kisses my cheek and whispers. "Go have fun with your friend, I'll see you later love."

"Then it's settled," Adriana chirped, her hands clapping together. "Noon?"

"Noon."

-
To:
My Love
I love you so much more, drive safe. No texting. You promise me?

From:
My Love
You can't love me more, it's simply impossible. And I promise you. I'll see you at home Addy.

"You two are like two lovestruck teenagers," Adriana commented, rolling her eyes as Jameson Junior dug his hands into his mashed potatoes before shoving them towards his face.

We were sat in Beatrice's, a small local diner within walking distance of both our houses. It was somewhat our regular spot, and the owner, Beatrice Cesar, loved us. The feeling was mutual though, the sixty something year old redhead had become something of a grandmother to us. Which was fine, considering I'd never had one. She wasn't here today however.

"Well, I mean, I only turned eighteen some weeks ago and Ryan turned nineteen like last month." I shrugged at her, watching out the corner of my eye as Aiden grabbed a chicken bite and stuffed it into his already full cheeks. "We kind of still are."