Chapter 17: Future Alpha Buisness

5 comments to unlock next chapter

(Okay, so I was cleaning up my room when I got this idea. It dawned on me that we've never really seen Adalaid handle any official Alpha buisness sooo I thought maybe it was about time she did you know? So I typed this up quickly and sloppily, and I hope you guys enjoy it even though it's not edited in the least. I will edit it though... eventually. Enjoy!!) ~Heaven Moore

*~*

I sat pencil straight and perfectly still on the couch, sandwiched between Cassidy and Jason as my father stood in front of us. My mom on his right and uncle on his left, each with a stern expression on their faces causing my heartbeat to excelerate. It had been 3 days since I had last spoken to Ryan, and also 3 days since my sleep over at Eric's house. I folded my hands into my lap as my eyes stayed locked onto my father's, refusing to look away without reason. He'd called each of out cellphone's stating it was time we all sat down for a chat, but from the look of things I knew this was all buisness and absolutely no play. Cassidy was fidgetting on my side, use to my father's stares, but somehow still uncomfortable. As for Jason, I was puzzled if he was breathing or not, but I knew his focus was hard on Uncle Blake's.

"Do you know why we called you here?" My father asked, his eys running over each of other faces, stopping dead as Jason opened his mouth to respond, but being cut off before he could. "I was asking your Alpha."

"I don't know." I mumbled before clearing my throatand giving Jason a sideways glance. He knewthe rules, we'd learned them long ago in training. He wasn't to talk unless address, anything someone said otherwise was left for me to answer on my own. That way it didn't look as if I was allowing my Beta more power then I had. "I do not know the reason you've called us here. Would you mind?"

"Hmm." My father sighed, and I knew my first answer had sounded weak and unintelligent in his ears. My mother adjusted her posture and placed a hand on my father's shoulder only for a moment for moral support, so quickly if you blink, you'd have missed the moment altogether. "We have called you here because we have a offer we'd like to make, seeming as you are the future of this pack."

"And this proposition would be?" I asked keeping my eyes locked on my father's. Watching as a slight grin appeared on his face. If there was one thing I'd learned it was never accept a offer before fully understanding and knowing what it was.

"There's a meeting taking place with a pact, the Black Night pack. However the same time this meeting is schedule, another one is also taking place. One is being held by a up and coming Alpha, his name is Zander Belling. He's much closer to your age then ours." My father explained, and I gave a nod of understanding. "You see, Zander Belling wants to make amends so to speak. Putting a end to the fued between our rival packs. A fued started by my Grandfather and his Great- Grandfather's Beta."

"I've heard of this. His Beta killed one of our woman by mistake when she stepped onto their territory in France. He didn't know she had been giving permission to enter the area, a slight miscommunication between their Alpha and Beta lead to us losing one of our own." I explained cluing in Jason and Cassidy, just in case they were lost. "The woman was our Great-Grandmother's bestfriend. When she died everyone was devastated. Great- Grandma wouldn't eat and eventually starved to death, leading Great-Grandpa to go out and kill 2 of there women before taking his own life."

"That is correct, nice to know you're skilled in your pack's history. Now Zander wants this fued to end, seeming as it has lead to more deaths then the 4." My father sighed not giving more detail but I knew enough. It had basically become tradition for our packs to go to war with each other every time a border was crossed, or someone was offened by the other. Bad blood boiled between the two. "I have accepted his offer. Seeming as it their last attack was when my father was Alpha. However, I feel it would better to send you 3 as a test to see if you are capable of holding your own ground. I'll give you a moment to think it over."