Chapter 14

We all quickly stepped back, so we wouldn't get hit by the shards. Only his mom stood there, absolutely frozen. Her eyes were opened widely, she seemed to stare into nothing. "Mom...?", "Posie, are you okay...?", both, Aaron and his father asked. She didn't react, she still stood there without moving. I wasn't even sure, if she was still breathing. I looked around between Aaron, his mom and his dad. I felt so wrong, I shouldn't be there. "Mom, please-"
"Get her out...", she said quietly. I looked at her and tears started to fill my eyes. "Mom, just let me-"
"Get. Her. Out!", she yelled and moved again. She looked at me with big eyes, I could see the hate in them. "Posie, calm down, let him explain...", his father said calmly. His mother didn't stop looking at me. I started shaking, when she came a step closer to me. "Mom, calm down and let me explain.", Aaron said quietly. I looked at him for a second, then back at his mom. She took another step closer, the shards cracked under her shoes. I stopped breathing, I was too afraid of this. She stood now in front of me and looked at me. Her eyes shimmered with hate. The next thing that happened didn't even seem like it took a second. She raised her hand, it rushed down and hit my left cheek.
"Mom!", Aaron shouted, laid his hands on my shoulders and looked at me. I looked at him, the tears poured down my cheeks, I didn't even realize what just happened. He looked at me with big eyes and wiped my hair behind my ear. "Are you okay?", he asked concerned and laid his hand on my left cheek. I cringed and took a sharp breath. "I'm sorry... I'm so..." He looked at his mom. I never saw him like this before. His eyes were full of anger. He let go of my shoulders and clenched his fists. "What the hell was that?!", he shouted at her. "Why the hell did you do that?!" His mother looked at him with big eyes. "Aaron, watch out what you're doing, I'm still your-" "No! No, you should better watch out, what you are doing! You just slapped the mother of my baby without any right! I wanted to explain something very important to you, but you just did this without listening to me! You had no right to do this! And so you won't have a right to see you grandchild ever! Or me!", he yelled at her.
I looked at both of them with big eyes, the tears still didn't stop pouring. Aaron looked at me for another moment, then he took my hand. "Come.", he said and looked at his mother. "We're done here." Then he pulled me outside the house.