Chapter 16

I cried out loudly and looked at him in shock.
No... No, he didn't slap me... Please, that couldn't be real.
I laid my hand on my left cheek and cringed. Two slaps on the same cheek on just one day. Aaron next to me turned and slowly opened his eyes. "Scar...?", he whispered sleepily. I looked at him and sobbed quietly. He immediately sat up and turned on the lamp. "Scar, what happened?", he asked and looked at me. I saw sweat on his face and chest. He wanted to take my hand from my cheek, but I moved away from him. "Scar, tell me, what happened.", he said quietly, sounding concerned. "How could you?", I whispered. "How could I what? Scar, what is wrong?" I looked at him and bursted into tears. "Hey, hey, hey...", he said calmly. He wrapped his arms around me and pressed me against his sweaty chest. I tried to free myself, but he was too strong. "Shh... Shh, it's fine... I'm here...", he whispered and kissed my forehead.
I sobbed loudly. "Why?", I asked whispering. "Why what?", Aaron asked me quietly. "Why did you slap me?", I asked quietly and sobbed again. He let me go and looked at me. "What? What are you talking about?", he asked and looked at me in shock. "You just slapped me. Why, Aaron?", I asked and looked at him, still crying. "Oh my God, Scar!", he said and hugged me tightly again. "I swear, I never wanted to! I just... I had a weird dream and... God, I'm so terribly sorry...! Please, I beg you, forgive me!", he said and looked at me, tears trickling down his cheeks. "You were dreaming?", I asked quietly. He nodded slightly. "So you didn't want to slap me?", I asked "God no! Scar, I would never slap you! I could never hurt you! My God, I'm so terribly sorry! Please, I swear. God, how can you ever forgive me?" I leaned forward and laid my lips on his. He laid his arms carefully around me and our tears mixed on our cheeks. "Can you forgive me?", he asked quietly. "You had a nightmare. It wasn't your fault, of course I forgice you." He smiled slightly and kissed me again. "I swear, I will never hurt you.", he whispered. I nodded and we laid down again. He wrapped his arms around me and I slowly drifted off to sleep again.