Chapter 25

Aaron's POV:

I was sitting at a table in Starbucks, trying to concentrate on this script, but I couldn't stop thinking about Scarlett. What she said to me hurt. I knew these were onyl the hormones, but there was also truth in her words. I should have listened to her, I know, but I also had my job. I never believed that would be to hard. I thought it would be easy, because Scar and I loved each other. But maybe I wad wrong. Maybe Norbert was wrong and we weren't ready, only because we loved each other. I needed her, but oi wasn't easy.
"Hey.", I suddenly heard a female voice. I looked up from my script and saw a black haired girl smiling at me. "Is this free?", she asked and looked at the chair next to me. I looked at her for a moment, then I nodded. "Yeah, sure." She said down and smiled at me. "What are you working on?", she asked and looked at the script. "Oh, just... trying to get this in my mind." She started playing with her hair and still smiled at me. "I'm Marissa, by the way.", she said and reached out her hand. "I'm Aaron.", I said smiling and shook it.
"Are you waiting for someone?", Marissa asked. "No, actually not.", I replied. "So, just a lonely guy, sitting in Starbucks, trying to concentrate on something?", she asked smiling. I chuckled quietly and nodded. "Yeah, pretty sad, right?" She nodded. "Yeah, pretty much.", she said and winked. I looked at her for another moment, her green eyes were shimmering, looking at me. I took a sip of my coffee and smiled politely. "And you?", I asked. "Well, I'm just drinking a coffee.", she explained. "And looking for a company for the evening.", she added. I looked at her. "Listen, you seem to be very nice, but I have a girlfriend." , I said, trying to show her I'm not interested.
She sighed. "Of course you do, how could you not?", she said sounding disappointed. "Yeah, and maybe I should go back home now and-" I got interrupted by my ringing phone. "Hello?"
"Aaron Kyle Tveit! What the hell do you think you're doing?", my mom yelled at me. "Umm, what did I do?", I asked comfused. "Scar called us, crying her eyes out, because you left her!"