Chapter 24

After his mom and I were finally fine, everything seemed to be perfect. His parents became almost like my parents and they often invited us for lunch or dinner to hear all news about us and of course the baby. I never felt this happy in my entire life, I just felt complete with Aaron.
But after two months of pregnancy I started feeling the hormones and mood changes. I started crying without any reason or got mad only because he made the wrong breakfast for me. Aaron tried to stay calm and always apologized immediately, but one day I just exploded. After I told him at least a hundred times to listen to me, while he was reading a new Graceland script, I lost it. "AARON!", I yelled as loud as I could. He cringed and almost fell off his chair. "What?", he called out. "Could you at least listen to me for one minute? It's important!", I barked. "This is important as well.", he said and held up the script. "Oh, so now this is more important than I am?", I shouted. "Scar, calm down, please...", Aaron said calmly. "I. Am. Calm! Now put that thing away and listen to me!"
"Scar, give me five more minutes, then I'm finished, okay?" I looked at him furiously. "No, Aaron! Now!" He sighed and looked at me. "Scar, please, this is my job." I looked at him like I never did before. I started thinking about slapping him, so he would finally understand. "Your job, of course! It's always your job! You don't even care about me anymore!" He finally laid the script aside and got up. "You know, that's not true.", he said. "Oh really? Then what did I tell you yesterday after dinner?", I asked, testing him. "Umm...." Aaron looked at me. "See?! I knew it! You never listen to me, even if it's important!", I said and tears started to fill my eyes. "Scar, I'm sorry, I swear I will listen to you now.", he said calmly. "No, Aaron, you won't! You said it so often, but you never do!", I yelled. "Scar, please. Calm down, it's not good for the baby." Aaron was still totally calm.
"I wouldn't be mad if you would listen to me! Maybe you're not good for the baby!" The same second I said that, I started to regret it. I quickly covered my mouth and looked at him with big eyes. "Oh God... Aaron, I... I'm so sorry...! I didn't mean it!" He looked at me for a moment, then he grabbed his script and walked to the door. "Aaron, wait!", I shouted after him, but I just heard the door slam.