Chapter 41

I barely left the bed during the last month of the pregnancy. My back hurt every time I tried to move and whenever Aaron or I spoke, our speckles started kicking like crazy.
"Only two more weeks, until the birth date.", Aaron said one evening and carefully stroked over my huge stomach. I smiled widely and laid my hand on his. "I can't wait to finally meet them." Aaron smiled, pulled my shirt up and kissed my belly, making the twins kick again. I took a sharp breath, as the pain ran through my stomach. "Hey, shh, don't kick so much, you're hurting your mommy.", Aaron whispered and kissed my belly again. Our speckles kicked again, more gentle this time. I smiled at him. "They're listening to you." Aaron smiled widely. "Really?" I nodded. "Really. They love you." His smiles grew even wider and he kissed my stomach again. "And I love them.", he whispered smiling.
The twins kicked again, this time a little more. "Hey, Aaron?", I asked him. "Yes, mommy?" He looked at me and smiled widely. I giggled quietly and tried to sit up a bit.
"Did you hear news about my mom?", I asked quietly. His smile disappeared and he sighed. "The police called this morning." "And?" Aaron sat up and ran his hand through his hair. "Aaron, tell me.", I said and tried to sat up. I finally managed it and laid my head on his shoulder. "Aaron, please.", I said quietly.
He laid his arm around me and kissed my head. "They let her leave.", he whispered.
My head shot up and I looked at him with big eyes. "No. No, they can't! What if she comes her? What is she hurts the twins after they're born?", I called out and started panicking. "Shh, shh, Scar, shh." Aaron laid his hands around my face and made me face him. "Calm down. It's not good for the babies.", he said calmly and kissed me gently. "I promise you, she will never come near you again. I will protect you and our twins, I swear.", he said and smiled slightly.
I looked into his eyes and had to smile. "I love you, Aaron. So so much...", I whispered. "And I love you.", he said and kissed me again.
We laid down in the bed and he carefully laid his arms around me. "And now sleep.", he whispered and kissed my forehead. I smiled and fell asleep soon.
I was laying in bed, sleeping peacefully, when I suddenly felt a sharp pain, almost like a knife, running through my stomach.