Chapter 39

I looked at him with wide opened eyes.
No, he couldn't ask me. No! No, I didn't want him to ask me!
Tears filled my eyes and rolled down my cheeks, as I looked at him for a long time. He looked into my eyes and he started to worry. "Scar? Scar, are you okay?", he asked quietly. I took a step back and shook my head slightly. "Aaron... I..." He got up and put the box back inside his pocket. "Scar, what is it?" I looked at him and started crying. "I'm so sorry, Aaron, I can't...", I whispered and laid my face in my hands.
"Hey..." He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. "It's fine." I shook my head and sobbed loudly. "It's not.", I sobbed. He stroked over my back and started kissing my head from time to time.
I knew this would happen. I knew he would propose, but I couldn't do this. I couldn't marry him, atnleast not yet. Not while the thing with my mom was still so present.
"Aaron, please forgive me.", I whispered. He let me go and looked into my eyes. "It's fine, really. I understand. The thing with your mom burdens you, you're not ready for this yet.", he said and tried to smile.
"Aaron, I swear, there is nothing in this world I want more than you. Especially getting married to you. But that thing with my mom... it's just too much for now." He stroked my cheek and smiled slightly. "I know, I understand it." I looked at him. "But I swear, when this is over, I will marry you as soon as possible. Just... give me a bit more time." He nodded and kissed me gently. "It will be over soon, I assure you."
I looked at him and smiled slightly. "I love you, Aaron. More than anyone else. And I want to be with you.", I said quietly. "And I want to be with you.", he said smiling and kissed me again. I looked at him for another moment, then I smiled.
"Yes.", I said quietly. He looked at me with big eyes. "Yes?", he breathed. I nodded. "Yes. Yes, a thousand times yes.", I said and smiled wider. He started smiling from cheek to cheek and wrapped his arms around me. "My God, Scar!" He lifted me up and spun me around, making me squeal. He put me down again and kissed me passionately.
"Come, let's have dinner.", he said and wanted to pull me to the table, but I stopped. "Didn't you forget something?", I asked smiling. He looked at me for a moment. "Oh! Right!" He pulled the box out again and put the ring on my finger, a huge smile on each of our faces.