Chapter 36

Aaron looked at me with wide opened eyes. "That's your mom?" I nodded and looked at her again.
Her skin was pale, not white, almost grey. Her hair was barely colored, it started turning gray. She was thin, I could see every single one of her bones.
Tears started to fill my eyes. Not because I was sad about the way she looked, but the fact that I saw her.
What was she doing here? Why was she-?
It wasn't an accident. It was not an accident! She planned this!
"Marissa, call the security.", Aaron said and held my shoulders. I felt like I would faint any second. Marissa looked at him for a moment, then she nodded and left. "Scar? Scar, are you alright? Scar, look at me!", Aaron said and looked into my eyes. I looked at him, tears rolling down my cheeks. "I will bring you away from here.", he said, lifted me up and carried me back to his room. He laid me down in the bed and covered me with the blanket. "She won't come near you or our baby, I swear.", he said, then stroked over my cheek and kissed my forehead.
I looked at him. "Aaron, about the baby..." His eyes widened and tears started to fill his eyes. "No. No, don't...", he whispered. I sat up and took his hands in mine. "She's fine.", I said and smiled slightly. He looked at me and sighed relieved. "She's fine?", he asked quietly. I nodded smiling. He took another deep and relieved breath, then hugged me tightly. I swallowed quietly, then decided to tell him already. "So is he.", I whispered. He let me go again and looked at me. "What? He...?"
I smiled slightly and looked into his eyes. "We're having twins.", I said smiling. His eyes opened even wider and his jaw dropped. "Tw-Twins?", he asked whispering. I nodded slightly. "Yes, twins. A girl and a boy.", I said and laid my hand on my stomach. He looked at my hand, then back at me and back to my hand. "Oh my God, Scar. This is..." Tears started to roll down his cheeks, as he smiled widely from cheek to cheek. "Scarlett, this is amazing!", he said and hugged me again.
An enormous stone fell from my heart, as I buried my face in his shoulder. "I love you so much, Scar.", he whispered and kissed my head.
"I have to admit, this is kinda cute.", I suddenly heard a voice at the door. My head shot up and I started shaking, when I saw my mother standing at the door.