Chapter 23

"Seriously, what is going on tonight?", Mr. Tveit asked and walked to the door. His mom looked at me and smiled. "So, you really are pregnant?" I smiled and nodded. "I am.", I said and pulled the ultrasound picture out of my bag. I showed it to her and smiled widely. "That is my grandchild?", she asked and looked at me. I nodded smiling. She smiled widely and a tear trickled down her cheek.
I suddenly heard voices at the door and looked up.
"She's gone..."
"What...? What are you talking about?", Mr. Tveit asked.
"She was gone, when I woke up. She left me..."
Aaron...?
"Aaron, calm down and breathe... Everything is fine-"
"Nothing is fine!! She is gone! She left me!", I heard Aaron yell.
I looked at his mom, she was looking at the door the entire time. "Aaron, calm down and come in.", his father said. I heard footsteps coming closer and Aaron appeared in the door. His red eyes widened, when he saw me. "Scar...?", he breathed. "Hey Aaron...", I said quietly.
He looked at me for another moment, then he ran towards me and hugged me tightly. He buried his face in my shoulder and sobbed quietly. I laid my arms around him and gently stroked over his back. "I thought you left me...", he sobbed into my shoulder. "Shh, it's fine... I'm here, I would never leave you.", I whispered and kissed his head. He squeezed me again, then he let me go and looked at me. I took his face in my hands and wiped away his tears. "I'm sorry, that I left.", I said quietly. He shook his head fiercely, pulled me to him and kissed me passionately.
"Don't ever do that again.", he said, after we broke apart. I nodded slightly. "I won't." Aaron smiled slightly and looked at his mom. "I wanted to talk to her.", I said quietly. "In the middle of the night?" I nodded and looked at him. "I couldn't see you suffer like that anymore. I couldn't stand you having those nightmares.", I said. He looked at me, then at his mom. "She talked to me and explained everything. Now I understand, what she feels for you and what you feel for her. And I'm terribly sorry, that I slapped her.", his mom said. "So you're fine with her and the baby?", he asked quietly. Both of us nodded smiling. He smiled widely and hugged us tightly.