Chapter 30

We laid there for some more time, Aaron just held me in his arms, comforting me and whispering: "I love you, Scar.", from time to time. He wiped away my tears and looked at me. "Don't you think it's time now to tell me what happened with your mom?", he asked me. I looked up at him. "Aaron, I..." He stroked my cheek and kissed me gently. "Scar, please. What happened seems to burden you a lot. You cried for several hours now, only because she called you..."
I looked at him for a long moment, then I sighed. "Okay." He wiped away a strand of my hair and kissed my forehead. "Take your time..." I nodded and laid my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and stroked over my back. "I was eight, when my father cheated on my mom.", I said quietly. He didn't stop stroking, but listened to me carefully. "My mom was..."
I stopped for a moment, trying to hold back the tears. "Mad would be too less to say.", I continued quietly. "I still don't understand why, but they said, they'd try it again. So they stayed together. But they were only arguing and yelling at each other. It felt like I didn't even exist."
Aaron's grip around me tightened a bit, when I said that. "And when I was nine I tried to be present for them again. But they just yelled at me, that I'd need attention and then looked me into my room for hours." I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. "When I was twelve, I found out, that my parents started drinking and taking drugs two years ago, because they thought in their own little high world, they wouldn't have their problems. And after they found out, that I knew what they did they started hitting me. Until I was seventeen, then I first tried to run away."
Aaron kept silent the entire time, but I could feel his body stiffen, when I mentioned the hitting. "The police caught me and brought me back, because they didn't believe me. So I got brought back and they started yelling and hit me again. Then with nineteen I decided to go. Not to run, just go. I packed my stuff and wanted to leave, when my mom grabbed my wrist, yelling, where I'd go. I told her I'd leave, when she held up her bottle and hit it in my neck."