Chapter 48

Aaron's POV:

I held my breath and for a second it seemed like everything was over.
My heart stopped beating, then started racing, just like my pulse. I looked at Scar with wide opened eyes, while she was falling on the ground right in front of me. She managed to push her mother away so the gun fell on the floor. Her head hit the table and she fell on the ground as well.
I was the only still standing. I needed a moment until I could realize what happened.
Scar jumped in front of me and took the bullet for me. She sacrificed herself for me.
"No... No!", I yelled and ran toward her. I let myself fall on my knees next to her and laid my arms around her. "Scar, Scar, no... No! Please wake up!" I pulled my phone out of my pocket with a shaking hand and called 911.
"Scar! Scar! Wake up! Please! You can't die! Not now!", I yelled at her. I started shaking her, but she just didn't want to wake up.
"Scar!"
Tears started to fall from my eyes like a waterfall.
No no no... this wasn't real... this was a dream! Only a bad dream!
I pulled her closer to me and looked at the red spot that slowly spread on her stomach.
"Scar..." I pressed my hand on the spot and tried to stop the bleeding. "Please please please.", I whispered and started praying quietly.
"Open your eyes... please, open your eyes... atay with me. Stay with me, Scar. Please, I need you!" I pressed my hand tighter on the bleeding and started sobbing loudly.
I had no idea what to do, so I just started singing our song. It was more a whining with sobs than singing, but I prayed that she would hear me and wake up.
"Scar, Scar please.", I whispered and kissed her gently.
Her lips were as cold as ice.
"Scar..."
She slowly started to turn white, her lips turned into a dark purple.
"No! No! Scarlett you won't die! What about our babies? God, what about me? You can't leave us alone! Scarlett, wake up!", I yelled at her in desperation.
Finally the paramedics showed up and tried to help her...