Monday Night Raw

We’re back on Monday night Raw with Jerry “the King” Lawler and our guest, the most influential Diva in WWE history, Payne. Payne, how are you doing tonight?” Michael Cole started out.

The camera moved over slightly to show Payne sitting next to Jerry with a smile on her face slightly facing Michael while still being able to view the center of the ring even though the match hadn’t started nor were the men who were supposed to fight in the ring.

“Thank you, I’m doing well Michael, as you guys saw earlier I made it out here fine my ankle healed nicely.” She answered.

“Yes we saw that you were cleared by the doctors last Friday night on Smackdown. We’ll take you back to the events that happened on Smackdown now.”

A clip of what happened on Smackdown shows up on the screen with Payne using her submission technique, the Cradle, where Natalya’s chest are pressed against the mat Payne’s foot is on her back and Payne is pulling Natalya’s legs over her head in a very uncomfortable fashion. Natalya taps out and the match is over with Payne pumping her fist in the air with her intro song, Riot by Three Days Grace, playing in the background. The ring announcer says,

“The winner of this match is Payne Taylor!”

Payne turns her back to the camera where we see Aj Lee attacking Payne from behind. Aj has Payne on the ground and she is crazily punching the hell out of Payne in her face. Payne is able to jump on top of Aj and punch her a few times before she gets up to walk away. Aj jumps on Payne’s back and Payne trips taking another barrage of punches to the head. The shield’s intro song plays in the background and the camera is close up on Aj’s face, which looks very worried, and Aj gets off of Payne very quickly. The new camera angels shows a scared Aj Lee getting out of the ring cautiously as Roman Reigns stands behind the ropes and watches her walk off.  After Aj is long gone and Roman has already entered the ring the camera shows Payne still on the ground holding onto her ankle and looking up at Roman scared herself. Roman leans down and picks up Payne while Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose move the ropes so that Roman can get Payne out of the ring safely. Then there is another clip of the doctor looking at Payne’s foot.

“Is it going to be okay?” she asked

“Yes, it looks alright to me. I would keep some ice on it for the time being just to be safe.” The doctor answered

“Will I be okay to fight on Raw Monday night?”

“Well, try to keep off your feet and keep that ice on there and you should be fine it’s a minor sprain.”

“Thank you.”

The doctor stands up and shakes Payne’s hand and walks away Payne looks up and sees Roman who’s just stepping into camera frame. Payne and Roman just look at each other for a little bit in an awkward silence until Roman moves closer to Payne, who looks at Roman suspiciously.

“Why did you help me?”

“Because I felt like it.” Roman said.

There was no kindness in his voice it was more like a mean tone as if he was upset that he had to help her. He stood up straight with his same face, mean and unfazed, and walked off. Payne’s head followed the direction he walked off in and then looked up, confused, she said to herself,

“Well thank you. “Sarcastically.

The camera goes back to showing Michael looking at Payne, Payne is looking at the big screen across from them slightly irritated and Jerry is laughing to himself. Then the camera shows the whole stadium including the giant screen and the ring. Randy Orton’s intro song starts playing and the audience starts to cheer loudly with some slight boo’s heard. The camera shows Payne looking at Orton proudly and the announcer begins to introduce Randy Orton.