Raw II

Payne was sitting down in Vikki’s office biting her nails when Vikki walked in to see Payne.

“What are you doing in here?” she asked

“Look Vikki, I know you’re very busy but I am begging you, call off the match tonight?”

“Why would I do that? Everyone in the WWE wants to see a good match for the main event tonight.”

“But why not any of the others who want a match tonight, like Orton and Miz they’re both ready to fight. Just leave Rhodes and Reigns to me.” Payne tried to negotiate.

Vikki shook her head no and then she smiled,

“You’re the one who told me to take charge even if nobody else liked it, and I have. But since you asked I think I’ll make this a little more interesting. Whoever wins tonight… will compete against… the Miz for the intercontinental Champion title at Money in the Bank.”

“What! No, no, no Vikki-“Payne said panicked

Vikki just walked off laughing; Payne looked sick she put her hand on her stomach and sat back down.

“We’re back on Monday night Raw with our guest commentator Payne.” Michael said.

The camera was focused on the ring and the bell rang. Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns were standing in Seth Rollins corner as the match began. Cm Punk punched Seth Rollins in the face then kicked him in the leg. Seth fell to the mat and Cm punk went to go kick him again Seth caught him by the leg and stood up slamming him to the mat.

“Oh! Seth Rollins slams Cm Punk to the mat! Rollins goes for a quick cover-“

“Come on Punk!” Payne interrupted.

Punk kicked out and put Seth in a head lock,

“I though you never cheered for anyone during a match.” Jerry asked

“I don’t when I represent both of the wrestlers and I represent so many that it’s been a while since I’ve been able to cheer.” Payne said

“Cm Punk, going for the suplex.”  Michael said.

Seth Rollins was on the mat in pain with his hand on his back.

“Cm Punk usually has you in his corner but he apparently asked you to stay back this time.” Michael said.

“Yeah, with everything that’s been happening with The Shield he felt that it would be better for me to keep out of his match. I agree with him though I just screwed up Randy Orton and The Miz’s match and Punk doesn’t want that to happen to him too.” Payne answered.

Punk was leaning against the ropes recovering and Seth was just standing up, he ran towards Punk and Punk moved out of the way just in time. Seth went through the ropes and hit the commentary desk. Punk got out of the ring and came after Seth grabbing his head and preparing to throw him over the commentary desk. Jerry, Michael and Payne all moved out of the way just when Seth got the upper hand and threw Punk over the desk. Punk punched Seth in the stomach while Seth tried to punch Punk in the head. Punk pushed Seth into the black wall; he tried to catch his breath while Seth struggled to stand up. Michael and Jerry returned to the commentator desk but Payne stayed where she was watching. Seth grabbed Punk and threw him into the stairs Punk looked like he was exhausted. Seth forced him into the ring again and then he pulled a chair from under the ring. Punk got up and ran towards Seth going through the ropes and knocking him down again. Punk kicked him into the commentary desk where Seth hit his head. Roman and Dean couldn’t take any more of watching Punk beat up Seth; they ran over to join in on the fight. Punk punched Dean but Roman grabbed a hold of Punk and started punching him. Payne was told by Punk to stay out of it and even though it was killing her she was going to stay out of it. All she could do at the moment was watch as her friend was being attacked unfairly by the Shield. Something the WWE wasn’t new too, they all started cheering for Punk and there was another half cheering for Shield.  The bell rang to stop the match but that didn’t stop the fight. Payne sat down back at the commentary desk with Michael and Jerry.

“Payne, tell me what’s going on through your mind right now.” Michael asked.

“Honesty I want to jump in there and help Punk but he asked me not to and I promised I wouldn’t get involved. I am dying in my seat watching this.” Payne said frustrated.

Roman was stomping on Punk’s arm while Dean and Seth kicked Punk in the stomach, Payne was gripping the arms of her chair, it was clear she was pissed off.

“The Shield is just dominating over Punk, and there is no one stopping this.” Michael said.

“This is insane, the match is over and they’re still just attacking him.” Jerry added.

Rollins and Ambrose picked up Punk and Reigns slammed him down, The Shield’s signature final move, the triple power house. Payne stood up and Roman turned to her looking her in the eyes. Payne walked up to the ring and started to climb in it while Dean and Seth left the ring. They walked up the ramp turning back to see what Roman was doing. Payne climbed into the ring making eye contact with Roman, he stepped forward and she stepped to the side. She held her hand up and asked the Referee for a microphone. When he handed her the microphone she said,

“Let me tell you something Roman, I can take losing control, I can handle it when Punk asks me to stay out of his fight and I can even handle this crazy ride you and Rhodes are taking me on but what I can’t stand is watching my friends being beaten up in front of me and me not being able to do a damn thing about it.”

Roman stepped forward and she held her hand up to keep the space between them, she was mad, mad at him and mad at herself but she didn’t blame him for doing what he did. The Shield has been attacking people since they showed up about six years ago.

“Now wait, just let me finish okay… Look I know The Shield’s game; I know what you’re all about. Strike fear in the hearts of all the WWE superstars. Show the world that you are the strongest! That you dominate the ring and that no one… No one can defeat you! I couldn’t get the main event canceled tonight but as the guest referee I will stand up there with the winner and I will raise his hand to the audience as the number one contender for the intercontinental champion title match… I like you Roman, I really do and I can’t say whether I want you or Rhodes to win but I can say this… Next time you do that to my friend have the decency not to do it right in front of my face. That being said, good luck on your match tonight.” Payne said

She kissed him on the cheek and walked over to Punk to help him up. The medics rushed over; Roman passed by them to climb down out of the ring. He turned around to look back at Payne and Payne looked up at him and gave him a slight smile then went back to tend to Punk.

“Did Payne just put Roman in his place?” Jerry said laughing.

“No, she just wished him luck on his match and she asked him not to beat up her friends in front of her. It had nothing to do with putting him in his place.” Michael responded.

“I’m just saying that it sounded like Payne is getting a little more frustrated about the events about to take place on tonight’s main event.” Jerry said.

“Of course she’s frustrated, the man she represents asked her not to be in his corner and then she had to watch him get beaten up right in front of her.”

“She didn’t have too; she could’ve gotten up and distracted them if she wanted too.”

“Yeah, but she does what her clients ask her to do so that they trust her, that’s exactly what she did. If there’s anyone to blame it’s Punk for making Payne back off. I mean look what he did to Heyman. Anyway coming up, Kofi Kingston takes on Christian in a no disqualification match, that’s next on Raw!”