Considering the offer

Payne woke up before Roman and got dressed and left the suite in the afternoon. She happened to run into Cody when she was waiting for the elevator.

“Hi.” He said.

“Hi.” She said back awkwardly.

She tapped her fingers on her pants while waiting for the doors to open up; Rhodes turned to her and was about to say something but then held it back. Payne noticed it from the corner of her eye and without looking at him she said,

“What is it, Rhodes?”

Cody laughed thinking how ridiculous he was for thinking she wouldn’t notice that. He watched the elevator doors just like her, not turning his head to her like she did and said,

“I just wanted to say that I appreciate you helping me up after my fight.”

Payne smiled a little to herself and said sarcastically,

“Don’t think too much into it, you were messing up Randy Orton’s victory by laying there.”

Payne was still smiling as she watched the doors open up and limped into the elevator,

“Now that’s just unkind.” Rhodes said following behind her.

Payne shrugged her shoulders, Rhodes laughed and said,

“Where are you headed to?”

“Is that any of your business?” she asked.

“Come on Payne I’m not hitting on you, you’re not that irresistible you know.”

Payne laughed,

“Actually I am, even though I never said I was but since you put it that way I’m off to this club down the street.”

“You’re going with the Diva’s?” he asked

Payne looked at him as if she were about to say why are you asking me all these questions? Rhodes put up his hands defensively and said,

“Hey I was just asking because some of the guys and I were headed down there too.”

“Of course you are.” Payne said tilting her head.

“We used to be friends Payne what happened?”

“You don’t remember the Kane incident?” Payne said.

That’s where a lot of the awkwardness between them started, Rhodes and Payne were very good friends before but down the road Kane started to challenge Cody and Payne became very… infatuated with Kane and because Cody was in the middle of a rivalry with Kane, Cody walked out on Payne as a friend to focus on taking down Kane. When everything between her and Kane blew over; neither Rhodes nor Payne decided to fix the relationship it wasn’t until that winter that they decided to go out but the relationship didn’t last long. Payne wouldn’t deny to herself that she missed that friendship and joking around with him but she just had a lot on her mind for tonight. Cody convinced Payne to split a cab with him and Jericho as they headed to the club.

“Why isn’t Roman coming with you?” Chris asked.

“Oh because me and him are dating we have to go everywhere with each other?” Payne said challenging him.

She wore a smile and Chris made a face that showed he felt he stepped into dangerous waters. Payne smiled and looked out the window and said,

“I’m just playing around Chris.”

“Great, could you turn around and say that to my face?” Jericho said.

Payne laughed to herself and patted him on the back and gave him a kiss on the cheek.