Cooling down the Payne.

Roman opened the door to his and Payne’s suite; they figured if they were going to see with each other they might as well just share a room. Payne was in the kitchen on her phone looking at some comments on twitter. Roman came in and leaned against the counter looking at the back of her head and saying,

“We need to talk.”

“About what?” Payne said not turning around.

“About what happened last night, look I know you’re upset at me but you didn’t have to take the car. We drove there together Payne.” Roman said upset.

She turned around with her eyes still set on her phone she looked up for a second and said sorry then walked around the little island in the kitchen reading tweets again. Roman sighed, turned around and said,

“You can’t be mad at me Payne you said that when I am with Shield; I’m with Shield I have to act like it.”

“I also asked you to not do that in my face.”

“That’s not how Shield works.”

“I know.” She said still not looking up at him.

“Shield- wait you know? Then why were you so upset during Raw?”

“I wasn’t upset.” She said.

Her tone was plain which made him confused, he knew she didn’t like sharing her feelings all the time but this was just ridiculous. He walked over and stood behind the back of the couch and poked her in her shoulder she looked up at him with a plain expression.

“You know you have two personalities right?” he said.

“How so?” she finally turned around and looked interested in what he was saying to her.

“Well you’re this fiery person who threatens her enemy’s when you’re in the ring and then you’re this calm happy person when you’re at home or when you’re listening to music.”

“If that’s the case then so are you, you’re all mysterious and silent but when your with me your just a giant ball of emotion, and fun” she finished with a little seductive tone.

He laughed then shook his head that wasn’t the point; he wanted to talk about why she was mad not their forever changing attitudes. So he asked her again why she was mad, she put down her phone and turned to him looking irritated.

“I was mad at you… but only for a second. After I thought about it I realized that we did tell agree that when you ‘re with Shield; you’re with Shield. I was just concerned.” She said

“About what?” Roman asked.

“Cm Punk, I’m afraid he’s going to drop me and that whole fiasco will have all my guys questioning whether I’m working with you or not.”

“What happened out there that could make them think that?” he asked.

“I’m the one that got Punk to let his guard down so I could walk him out of the ring and then you attacked him, given that you and me are involved with each other it looks like I could’ve staged the attack, the only thing that caught me by surprise was when Cena and Miz came out to help. That whole fight will leave me without one client just wait.”

Roman shook his head; he put a hand on her shoulder and apologized she looked up at him with raised eyebrows.  He moved over to sit next to her on the couch and wrapped his arm around the back of the couch he looked at her with a serious but gorgeous hard face and said,

“I have something to ask you.”

“What?”

“I’ve been thinking that since we don’t know what this is between us that we should define it.”

“What are you saying?”

“I’m asking you if you’d like to officially be my girlfriend.”

Payne smiled and said,

“Sure, I mean yes; yes I would like to be your girlfriend.”

“Would you like to have dinner with me?”

Payne gave him a weird smile as she turned to look at him and said,

“You’re asking me out?”

“I’ve done it before, you just said yes to being my girlfriend.”

“Yeah but – Never mind, when? We have to be in Baltimore tomorrow for Main event.” She said

“So we’ll catch our flight, go out there and prepare for Main event and then we’ll go out to eat… When we’re not at work we don’t talk about work from now on okay. It’ll probably start more problems than we need.”

“I think I can handle it but if that’s what you want I’m cool.” She said

He gave her a smile and kissed her forehead; he reached for the remote and turned on the television. Payne was sure she had everything to worry about but when she could relax with him it all seemed pointless to even give a second thought. She leaned against him getting closer without letting him get the idea that she was falling for him. She was though and falling hard and if she’d look down she’d realize just how close to the ground she was getting. A text message popped up on her phone; it was Rhodes, he was sending out a mass text with a funny little emoticon character shaking its hips and singing the song Fergalicious. She laughed about it a little and went back to watching TV with Roman and he wrapped his arm around her shoulder tighter. In this state, she was actually at peace no worries about her brother or work just peace and it only ever happened when she was around him. She looked down at her phone and saw a drawn picture of Roman that looked very good, she showed it to him.

“Look at what this person did, they drew a picture of you.” She said.

“Wow that looks amazing.”

“Yeah it looks like a black and white photo whoever did this is awesome.”

“Yeah they even managed to get my good side.”

Payne laughed and said,

“Any side of you is a good side.”

He looked at her with a raised eyebrow as if he was saying ‘really?’ She tilted her head to the side and gave him a smile then turned to the TV snuggling up against him a little bit more.