Smackdown

The big screen just before the ring shows Payne standing up pacing the floor thinking. Sheamus walks up to her and puts a hand on her shoulder while calling her name.

“Hey, Payne thanks for the match with Big E.”

“Oh, you’re welcome.”

“Hey can I talk to you for a second though?” Sheamus asked.

He put his hand on her upper back and pushes her along with him as he walks a little to the right so they can speak in privacy,

“Hey look I don’t know what’s going on with you and the Shield but a lot of the guys are getting worried.” He said quietly (well sort of)

“Nothing is going on between me and Reigns, and what are the guys getting worried about?”

“Well they think you’re considering representing the Shield and honestly I gotta tell you Payne that’s not a good idea.”

Payne looked irritated but she also looked insulted. Payne knew very well what a good idea was but there was nothing that happened in the past few days that made her even consider working with the Shield.

“Look Sheamus, I appreciate the warning but I know what I’m doing, the Shield is practically already running the WWE I wouldn’t think of trying to give them any more power than they’ve got.” She answered.

Sheamus patted her back and said, “That’s a good girl.” With smile on, Payne wanted to hate him for doing that but she couldn’t help smiling back every time Sheamus smiled at her. She couldn’t resist when any good looking guy with a pretty smile so she had to smile back. Sheamus’ face dropped when he saw Cody Rhodes step up to Payne. He grabbed her hand but Payne pulled it back and crossed her arms.

“What do you want Rhodes?” she said irritated.

“I want to know an honest answer.” He responded.

After the cameras went off on Monday night Raw Cody Rhodes asked Payne what was going on between her and Roman. Payne didn’t give him an answer because she was already confused about that night as it was. Payne didn’t even realize that the question coming from Rhodes meant he still had feelings for her. They had only broken up two months ago. Payne was too focused on finding out what Roman was trying to get from her. She didn’t trust that Roman wasn’t helping her out from the goodness of his heart and Rhodes she didn’t even have time to deal with. Suddenly the Miz came rushing past Rhodes ranting about how pissed he was about what the Shield had done to him during his match. Cody turned to The Miz and said,

“Excuse me we were having a conversation here.”

The Miz and Cody started arguing until Randy Orton came up behind Payne and started complaining about the same thing. Sheamus started laughing and made the smart move to bail before he got sucked into the argument as well. He lightly tapped Payne’s shoulder and told her he’d see her later then walked off. Randy somehow got into the argument with The Miz and Rhodes with Payne standing in the middle trying to get them quiet.

“SHUT UP!” she screamed.

The arguing stopped and you could hear the audience start laughing,

“Now look, I don’t know what’s going on with the Shield. I think they’re just pulling their same old tricks as for you Rhodes I don’t have an answer for you I’ll get back to you on that.”

“Whatever.” He said and walked away angry.

The Miz spoke up and said,

“Well what about us?”

Payne sighed trying to reframe from wanting to punch the hell out of her dear friend.

“Miz. Honey. Seriously, calm down. I saw what happened on Raw okay I was there. Now you two know Money in the bank is coming up I’ll try to convince Vikki to allow you two to have another match but this time it’ll be more entertaining.” She answered.