Day off II

A ray of sun light hit Payne in her eyes waking her up; she slowly opened them getting up while holding the cover over her to look at her surroundings. She sat down on the bed with her legs brought up to her chest and sighed. She pulled her hair back and looked to the side noticing Roman’s face, she almost died where she was. She turned her heard mouthing the words ‘no, I didn’t’. She lifted the cover and looked on both sides and then put it down and put her hand to her head, Yeah I did she thought embarrassed. She slipped off the bed quietly and she grabbed some of her clothes putting them back on. It wasn’t that sleeping with Roman was bad but she completely let her guard down around him, she didn’t like that one bit. When she got her pants on, she heard a rustle on the bed and looked back. Roman wiped his eyes and sat up slowly looking in her direction.

“Where are you going?” he asked tiredly

She gave him an ‘opps I got caught’ smile and said,

“I need some coffee.”

He sat up and pulled his hair out of his face; she liked seeing his face, it was a good looking face.

“I’ll make some coffee; you can take a shower if you want.”

He sat up and Payne took in a breath and said,

“Right, shower. I’ll go do that.”

Roman got up and put his pants back on but Payne didn’t move from where she was standing. She couldn’t help but keep watching him even though she didn’t want too. Staying over was crossing the line, she didn’t know if she could trust him yet. Roman walked over to her and grabbed her by the shoulders squeezing them lightly and then he kissed her forehead.

“Are you going to take a shower?” he asked.

She came back into reality and smiled at him while saying,

“Yeah, I’m just gonna go and do that now.”

Payne walked into the bathroom closing the door behind her; she leaned against the door and sighed in relief. Roman looked at the door for a little bit wondering what was wrong with her then walked out of the room to make some coffee. Payne turned the cold water on and started to shiver a little. She let her body make its own heat; she stood there for a few minutes and began to wash herself. She started singing to herself as she washed up. Roman came back into the room and saw that she wasn’t out of the shower yet so he decided to join her. He snuck into the bathroom removed his pants and got into the tub.

“Another day, another life, passes by just like mine it’s not complicated. Another mind, another soul, another body to grow old it’s not complicated. Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you? Float down like autumn leaves and hush now close your eyes before the sleep and you’re miles away and yesterday you were here with me.” She sang

Roman climbed into the shower and turned the knob to make the water hot,

“Why were you taking a cold shower?” he asked.

“It’s good for the body, it speeds up the metabolism,” she said not looking at him.

Her sarcasm was so casual Roman actually thought that was the real reason.  She turned around to face him and wrapped her hands around his neck. She gave him a smile and said,

“What are you doing in here? I thought I was taking the shower?”

“Yeah but I have to take a shower sometime too, I figured why not now.”

“I wasn’t in here that long.”

“Do you still want to shower alone?” He said then bent down and pecked her lips.