After the fact.

Payne had been waiting for Roman to come over to her suite for about half an hour so that they could talk about what happened on Smackdown. Payne didn’t think there was anything to talk about though, she made it clear to Roman she didn’t trust him yet plus she would fight for her men no matter who stood in her way even him. Still, she couldn’t help but want to see him again she hated to admit it but she liked him a lot. Out of boredom, Payne put in her favorite CD, playing all of her favorite songs from the early 2000s. The first song that played was from Saving Abel “Moonshine Mississippi”.  Payne was moving around the kitchen dancing to the music and singing along with it. She grabbed a bottle of beer out of the refrigerator and popped it open, she heard a knock on the door and said,

“It’s open!”

Roman, Dean and Seth opened the door and walked in; Roman said,

“You know having the door cracked like that is dangerous.”

“It’s a hotel suite not my house; who cares? Beside I left the door cracked a little no one would’ve noticed. What are the other two puppies doing here?” She answered back.

“Are you drinking?” Roman asked.

“Did she just call us puppies?” Seth said irritated.

Dean chuckled,

“The chick’s got spirit I’ll give her that.”

“It’s just a beer and this is my first one, I told you I don’t drink like that. You guys want one?” she said

“Sure.” Dean said eagerly.

“No.” Roman said answering her question and also addressing Dean.

 Payne just shrugged at them and turned off her music, she offered them a chance to sit on the couch which they took happily.

Roman said,

“Why did you set up that fight on Smackdown? I thought you said you weren’t trying to dismantle Shield.”

She chuckled and said,

“Brad Maddox wanted to set up a tag team match with you and Rollins versus The Miz and Punk so I convinced him into allowing the whole team to fight and adding Cena who wants the United States title back. I didn’t do it for you; I did it for my guys.”

“You didn’t tell me that you’d set up fights like that.” Roman said.

“She’s a risk to this team Roman; we shouldn’t even be here right now.” Seth said staring her down.

“Yeah, but she’s a babe and who could resist her? Besides we already know what you’re capable of Payne, I just want to know why you’re giving my man Roman such a hard time.” Dean said.

“Thanks for the compliment Dean and as for you Seth I didn’t set up the fight I just encouraged it; did you really think I’d stop doing my job just because we slept together? Roman that’s not the way I work, I gave my clients a taste of what the Shield can do; you should look at it as a gift now you know what they can do. I’m not giving you a hard time but I told you already, I didn’t know that I could trust you.”

 “Didn’t?” Roman and Dean said simultaneously.

She said,

“The Shield stood tall today even after I barged in to make sure my men won, which was perfectly legal by the way I was outside of the ring and I didn’t touch you. You proved to me that you’ll continue to do your job and you’ll continue to let me do mine. I feel much better now knowing that you understand I don’t let anyone interfere with my work.”