Chapter 3

Ashton
"Ashton come on! You're going to be late!"

I sighed at my mum. She's never been the patient one.

I look down at the ring again and gently put it back in the box. I grab some bubble wrap and wrap it up, putting it at the top of my moving box.

I don't quite remember getting it but I have a faint memory of it. Maybe a dream?

I just sigh and pick up the last box from my now empty room.

I'm gonna miss this place.

-

As my mom pulls up to the campus-my new home- I can't help but look around in awe, it's beautiful.

The next hour is spent with tight hugs and me comforting my crying family. Once they've left and I've almost calmed down myself, I start to unpack my things.

When I only have one box left, a boy with bright red hair passes my door. I quickly run to my door, catching his attention before he disappears.

"Hey! Sorry but do you know where I can get some coffee? And maybe something to eat?" I ask him and he looks me up and down.

"Yea. There's this awesome cafe on campus. I could show you if you like?" I nod my head. His eyes are a beautiful green, I can't help but get this weird feeling that I've seen him before.

"Thanks. My names Ashton." I said, giving him my hand. He nods and smiles even wider.

"Michael." He says and takes my hand in his. His hand lingers a little longer but then he releases my hand and starts to walk down the hall.

I figure he assumes I'm going to follow so that's what I do.

We aren't even walking for ten minutes when we stop outside of a small cafe.

I pull my wallet out and order a coffee and a sandwich with a cute name.

I sit down with Michael as we both wait for our orders.

"You new here?" He asks and I nod.

"You?" I ask

"Naw I've been here for a few years." He smiles and chuckles to himself like he said something funny. I just furrow my eyebrows and nod my head, assuming he has some inside joke.

When my order is called, I quickly get up to get it and sit back down with Michael, sipping my coffee while I make small talk with him.

After a little while, we're interrupted by a tall blonde.

"Mikey! There you are! I've been looking everywhere!" He exclaims and smiles slightly as he sees me.

"And who's this?" The blonde asks. Michael chuckles again.

"Should've known you'd show up sooner or later. Where's Calum?"

"Still at the house. Now who's the cutie?" I blush at his words and look down at my hands.

"This is Ashton. Ashton, this is Luke, probably the stupidest person you'll ever meet."

Luke puts his hand over his heart in mock hurt but laughs shortly after and scoots into the seat next to me.

"Hi," I mumble and giggle when he smiles and I can see his dimples pop.

"Hi," He says back with a even bigger smile. He turns to me and his eyes are a beautiful bright blue. Again, there is a strange feeling of familiarity to him.

I just push it away.

"If you don't mind me asking, whose Calum?" I ask and they both look at each other before Luke nonchalantly puts his arm around my shoulder.

"Our roommate/best friend."

"Oh," then I giggle, "so you guys are like the three musketeers?" I laugh but quickly stop when I realize I just met these people and don't want to scare them away with my weirdness just yet.

But I didn't see their fond smiles as I looked back down at my hands.

"Sorry, I'm a little awkward."

They just shrugged and chuckled. "Good thing we are too,"  Michael laughs and I join in as well.

I think I just made my first friends in college.