Chapter 21

Ashton
I looked at my phone that was now shattered with wide eyes. Are you serious? Are you freaking kidding me?! Do you know how much that cost?!

I looked up to see a boy with a smug smirk on his face.

"Jacob! Do it now!" Andy yelled and I glared at the boy.

"You dick!" I yelled but quieted as he grabbed the front of my shirt and slammed my back up against the wall. I'm surprised I don't have back problems by now.

'Jacob' snarled and his eyes turned black. "You smell so good." He snarled and leaned forward, his fangs growing as he planned to feed from me.

He was suddenly ripped from my body and thrown across the room. Niall pounced on him, sitting on his stomach as he clawed at his face and punched him wherever he could.

"Ashton!" I looked over to see the boys and the rest of the gang running towards me. They all had a horrified look on their faces.

I turned around to see two more guys running at me, their eyes pitch black. But I recognized them. Vic and Kellin.

Luke was now in front of me, pushing me back so I was now in a corner with my three boys in front of me.

"You're not gonna touch him." Calum growled.

Vic just smirked before four more people came up behind him, their eyes quickly darkening to black.

Liam, Louis and Harry just rushed toward Niall and Zayn, helping them as 'Jacob' now laid lifeless on the ground.

It was all a blur after that. Ashton couldn't tell what was happening or who was winning. He just stayed frozen in shock in the corner and crossed his fingers. He chanted in his head, hoping and praying that his boys and his new friends came out of this okay.

He wanted to win this time, he wanted to make sure no one was hurt.

But you don't always get what you want.

Ashton watched as bodies dropped one by one until the only ones who were left standing where Vic, Kellin and Andy, along with, Luke and Michael.

Niall and the boys looked alive, only knocked out, well as alive as a vampire could be.

"You should've turned him when you had the chance." Andy taunted and the boys growled, backing up more towards me.

"Now look at him, all helpless." Andy continued.

I didn't notice I was moving until my hand touched something cold and smooth. I didn't dare tear my eyes away from the vampires in front of me though.

I was now a few feet away from the boys, Michael realized too late, for Andy had already noticed.

He pulled a shiny metal knife from his pocket and grinned at me. A shiver ran down my spine.

Vic and Kellin looked hesitantly at Andy.

"I don't want to fight this anymore." Kellin muttered but Andy just snarled.

Michael lunged to run in front of me but before he could, Andy sent the knife flying in my direction.

I slipped just as it flew towards me and winced as I hit the ground.

Andy growled and Kellin just shook his head, taking a step back before repeating that until he was far enough away.

"Coward!" Andy yelled at him but he just shook his head and left.

I tried to get up as Andy glared at me but it quickly turned to a smirk as my hand slipped in some sort of liquid. I didn't dare look down to see what it was.

I turned to look around me and shook as I saw there was a dead body not even  a foot away from me.

My face paled and I got dizzy as Andy lunged toward Luke. All I could think was 'Please be okay, please don't hurt him, please please please'.

Michael growled as Vic walked towards me. Michael was in front of me now and it seemed Vic knew he was done for as he shook his head and quickly ran like Kellin had. Michael sighed in relief and quickly turned to Luke.

Then it was over.

I closed my eyes as Michael and Luke finally finished off what had started almost a hundred years ago.

I wanted a happy ending. I always had.

I looked to see Calum and Liam shifting around, waking up.

It wasn't long until the others were waking before Luke finally let out a laugh.

"We did it." He said in a breathless whisper.

"We did it." Michael confirmed.

"It's over." Calum said with a big smile.

I smiled too, despite suddenly feeling a pang in my chest.

I wanted a happy ending, but did I really get one?

"That means the curse is gone!" Louis yelled.

"We can finally live normally! Or as normal as we can!" Harry said.

"We can see the kingdom now, yeah?" Niall asked.

"We can finally be happy together." Michael whispered.

They all smiled at that and turned to me.

I couldn't speak. And I knew why now as I looked down at my stomach.

Yea. I guess you don't always get what you want.

30 votes and 10 comments for the next update.

DOUBLE UPDATE because I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and hope you have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia