Chapter 13

Ashton
I walk down the quiet street, heading to the boy's house. I'm halfway there when I hear footsteps behind me. I look back, but there's no one there.

I speed up, almost running until I reach the house. I can feel eyes on me and...I'm probably paranoid but I hurry inside with the extra key they gave me.

"Luke! Michael! Calum!" I don't get a response and I grumble, they're not here. If they were, they'd be here the moment they saw me in the driveway.

Suddenly there's a man in front of me. I've seen him before. "Z-Zayn right?" He smiles at me.

"Yes, and I'm sorry that the boys and I haven't been down to apologize for what's happened. We didn't know Niall would do that." I shrug, I'm over it.

After what I've remembered, I've seen worse. "It's fine, if I died, the boys would find me again." Zayn's eyes go wide and he grips my hand. I wince and he loosens his grip, but doesn't let go.

"You...you remember? Or they told you?" He asks excitedly.

"I remembered some things. But I still have questions. Do you think...you'll help me right?" He nods.

"Of course." I smile, he's just like he used to be, hyper, loyal and kind.

I nod and he motions to follow him. We end up in the living room, sitting on the couch. "Oh god the boys are gonna kill me when they figure out I told you." He mumbles but smirks evilly at the thought.

"They don't have to find out." I say and his smirk widens.

"No they don't. So what do you remember?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "I was a king. I ruled the vampire kingdom."

"Not just the kingdom sir, but all the vampires obeyed you." He interrupted and I nodded.

"But there was one servant, Andy, I didn't trust him, he had bad judgement and he was sadistic. He loved punishing people for things they never did. He-he got mad when I helped a vampire named Xavier." Zayn nodded, urging me to go on.

"He tricked me, cursed me to come back as a human every time I died so he could find me and kill me over and over again. And that's what he's done. I remember my life the first time I came back. Andy tricked me and turned me against the boys. Tried to make me kill them...and I almost did..."

I had tears in my eyes and I cleared my throat, as there was a lump in it and I didn't want to cry. "He killed me again and then...well I can't remember after that."

Zayn squeezed my shoulder lightly, in a comforting manner. "You were the first person I ever truly trusted. One of my people who stayed loyal." I mumbled and he nodded.

"So what do you want to know?" He asked after a moment of silence, as I thought and tried to remember more.

"How many times have I come back? Like is this my 3rd time or my second?" He looked at me sadly.

"I hate to say this but, this is your 8th time coming back." He speaks slowly, like he's scared I'll run away. Which doesn't sound like a bad idea, but considering that now I know there's a crazy group of vampires after me, I don't think I wanna take that risk.

I nod my head, trying to process this news. I swallow thickly and fiddle with my fingers. "And Andy got me every time?" He gets a pained look in his eye and shakes his head.

"Most of the time, there was once when..." he trailed off and I raised an eyebrow.

"One time what? What happened?" He shook his head and mumbles something. "What?"

"You wouldn't understand unless you knew the whole story. So until you know, I won't tell you." I glare at him in frustration.

"Then I'll just go ask the boys." I grumble and he shrugs.

"They will tell you the same thing." I huff in frustration and sit back down.

"Then tell me the whole story." I grumble. He sighs.

"I think it's best if you remember, if I tell you, you might not believe me." I roll my eyes.

"Just tell me, maybe then I'll remember, please, it's my life, I should know." He looks at me worriedly and shakes his head slowly.

"Alright, but the boys are gonna rip my head off."

"They just have a temper, especially Luke. It's fine I'll deal with them." He laughs lightly.

"They always have." He mumbles.

He sighs again and opens his mouth when there's a loud bang. I turn and Niall, Harry, Liam and Louis enter the room.

"Zayn..." Harry starts but I cut him off.

"I need to know." They all look to me and nod. Niall sits next to me hesitantly and I give him a small smile to say it's okay. He grabs my hand and rubs comforting circles onto the back of it.

"Sorry about going physco." I just shrug my shoulders.

"It's okay, I'm sure you had your reasons and come on. I mean I'm sure I am delicious." He laughs at that and I look back to Zayn for some answers.

They all sigh and start to tell me all about my past lives.

"We never seemed to make it in time to save you, only in time to find your body." He began.