Chapter 12

Third Person
It's been a couple days since the whole Niall incident. The boys have all been acting weird-well weirder than usual-since then.

Ashton's started having weird dreams, even daydreams of him and the boys, but he knows it never happened before.

At least not in this lifetime.

Ashton looked up at Luke and growled. "Your lying. Andy told me you guys would trick me. Well guess what? I'm not falling for it." All three of their eyes widened at Ashton's words.

"Ashton..." Calum put his hands up in an attempt to calm him down but he just glared back at him.

"Don't. It's all your fault. You tried to take the kingdom and you brought me down with you when they caught you." The three boys shook their heads at Ashton's statement. Michaels eyebrows furrowed and he growled.

"You believe him? He's using you Ashton! He just wants the kingdom for himself! Where were we when everything went down? We were by your side! Where was he? He was the one destroying everything!" Michael yelled.

Ashton's anger flared and before he knew what he was doing, he lunged at Michael. He tried to get his hands around his throat but before he could, he was pulled back by two pairs of strong arms.

Ashton snarled and growled, keeping his eyes on Michael. All Michael saw was two dark black eyes, not their usual bright hazel color that he fell in love with.

"He's corrupted you. If you just stop and think about it, you'll remember. We never harmed you once on our life, but Andy and his group have. They're the ones who cursed you to this life." Luke said in Ashton's ear.

"No." Ashton denied, shaking his head. He was confused. He didn't understand. He didn't know what to believe. Michael reached forward and gave Ashton something, he looked down and saw it was a ring with a orange jewel.

"He's the one who killed you." Calum growled and Ashton squinted his eyes shut. He didn't know what to do, so he listened to them.

He stopped and thought, tried to remember.

And that he did.

He remembered everything.

-19 years ago-

Ashton sat at his throne as his servant Andy told him of the wrong doings the person before him had done.

"Killing a human inside the walls of the kingdom, stealing from the markets and resisting arrest." Ashton sighed, he hates punishing his people, he was kind hearted and known as merciful. His subjects all had tons of respect for him.

He rarely used to get people who had broke a law, but ever since his servant Andy had been hired, he had been getting more 'law breakers'. He knew it was Andy setting them up, Ashton has kept his eye on Andy ever since he started working for Ashton.

"P-please your highness! I apologize! I know I was wrong! Please show some mercy!" He begged, dropping to his knees.

Ashton watched the tears run down the mans face and bite his lip. Ashton turned to Calum, one of four who he trusted whole heartedly, who was watching with a frown.

"Please stop your crying. I'll let you explain yourself. Now what is your name?." The man gasped and looked up.

"Thank you my king! I was starving! I would've died! And I didn't have the money to buy the blood, then this human happened to stumble upon me and he was lost, had been for months. I just couldn't control my thirst. I'm so sorry." Ashton nodded his head slowly.