Chapter Twenty Six

*Vic's point of view*

*8 months later*

I walk down the dreary hallways, passing by the metal, locked doors. As I reach the one door I've come to pass through, I hear the sound of light talking coming from his room.

"I miss you.." he says. "Why'd you have to leave? We needed you. I needed you. I loved you." I put my ear to the door and listen carefully.

"Come back to me. The doctors and nurses won't let me out. They say that if I left, I'd probably hurt myself again." he says and I close my eyes.

"I'm sorry I hurt myself but I just miss you. I need to be with you again. The kids are fine. Vic can take care of them." I look towards the security guy and nod. He walks over, unlocking the door and letting me in. I see him sitting at the desk, his clothes swallowing him. He turns to look at me, a smile on his face.

"Hey Vic. How are you?" he asks.

"I'm good. How about you?" I ask, sitting on his bed.

"I'm feeling pretty good. Kinda miss her." he says looking down at his feet.

"We always miss somebody." I say and he nods, looking back up to me.

"Did you bring me anything?" he asks scooting to the edge of his seat.

"I brought you another picture of you guys together. It's a really good one. It was her favourite." I say, digging in my pocket for the photo. I reach out and hand it to him, watching as a smile takes over his face.

"This is a really good one." he says, putting the picture on the desk.

"So, what have the doctors said?" I ask.

"They say I'm not getting out for awhile. They said I am a danger to myself and can't be left alone." he says and I nod.

"I just hope you get better buddy." I say and he sniffles, standing up and sitting by me on his bed.

"I just miss her so much. Why can't she come back?" he sobs, wrapping his arms around my body and burying his face in my neck.

"I don't k-know... I know how you feel.." I say, brushing his hair out of his face when he looks up at me.

"I want to visit her.." he whispers and the tears stream down my face.

"No you can't visit her just yet. It's not your time." I sob, pulling him back into me. The door opens and I hear feet shuffling inside.

"I brought the guitar." Jaime's familiar voice says and I look up to see my brother and friend standing there, watching us with glazed over eyes.

"W-Why'd you bring a guitar?" he asks, taking the instrument from Jaime and slowly strumming the strings.

"We figured it'd be good for you to play for a little while." I say and he looks up at me smiling.

"Come on Vic. Let's sing a song." He says and giggles quietly.

"What song Tone?" I ask, facing him.

"Second and Sebring?" he asks and I look at him shocked.

"Do you know the chords to it?" I ask.

"Of course. I learned it because it was Faith's favourite song." Tony says and I chuckle.

"Go ahead." I say and he starts strumming the familiar tune. (A/N: I advise listening to the acoustic version while reading this....)

" I believe it's time for me to be famous,