Ayano x Taro

You knew it was coming. It had to be first. Either that or Oka x Shin because everyone needs a bit of Shoka in their lives whether they want it or not-

<<Remade>>

"This better be worth it." Ayano said, staring blankly at the unconscious body of the pale student council member as the bag was being zipped up. Her last defeat. Her last rival will be gone soon.

"Whatever you did this for, it will be worth it. It's definitely worth it for us. I still can't believe you managed to take down this blue haired chick. She's pretty feisty." The man chuckled, then rolled up his sleeves showing his array of tattoos. He soon returned the grave expression."You've requested a dangerous target. One wrong move and we're all done for, but I'll keep my word. Give us a few days and she'll be out of your hair."

Ayano grunted in response, remembering the date. Tuesday. She had no choice but to trust them. After they exchanged silent goodbyes, Ayano couldn't help but grin. 

Senpai will be hers.

News of the tragedy spread like fire in a forest. Everywhere you went in the school, students were huddled together in packs and began to carry their phone in their hands at all times. Not just one girl missing. Two. One, taken from their very school. Aoi Ryugoku was the toughest of the Student Council; even the delinquents wouldn't mess with her. There was no trace of her or anyone else's DNA to suspect murder. Megami Saiko - where to start? Everyone admired her academic skills, her leadership skills would keep the school safe even in the worst of times. Like the time Saki forgot that she put muffins in the oven and set the water sprinklers off. It's a damn good thing Amai is so forgiving, otherwise she'd have a frying pan to the back of her head. Anyway, we're getting a bit off track here, aren't we? 

Ayano tried as best as she could to wear a mournful expression as she practically skipped her way up to the water fountain. 7:03 AM. Senpai would be here any minute now. She decided to sit down on the bench, pulling out her Life Note manga. It was one of the only things that Ayano enjoyed, she had both the book and the series. She ignored everyone's petrified expressions as they creeped their way around the school and continued reading.

"It takes guts to be reading something like that in a time like this."

Ayano froze, and looked up into the most beautiful dark eyes she had ever seen. It was her time to be petrified.

Taro immediately noticed her shocked expression and cleared his throat. "D-Don't think I was accusing you of anything, I like that manga too!" He smiled a little. "Can I sit? Since Osana hangs around the martial arts club now, I don't really know what to do anymore." Ayano was speechless, but nodded. She felt sick. In a good way. As if she was about to throw up a rainbow. Wait, no, that was strange. "I'm not usually into stuff like this," Taro continued, gesturing to the manga in her hands, "but Life Note is so addictive, you know?" 

"...why me?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, eheh, why talk to me? I-I don't mind talking to you, don't get me wrong, I actually really really enjoy conversating with you-"

"Talk," Taro chuckled. "Just say talk. To be honest, you're quite different to everyone else here." He smiled again, and it made Ayano's heart melt. "I like that." Ayano didn't know how to feel. She was being overwhelmed by so many different emotions as her face flushed. She had done it. Ayano finally had her senpai, and, for the first time in her life, she let out a small, genuine laugh.