Shin x Oka

One True Pairing back up in the house, heels click clackin about, this isn't the RuPaul's Drag Race fandom, shit.

Content, Shin was sat cross-legged on the floor, reading a book on the different creatures that supposedly wandered the earth unbeknownst to them; the bucket and sponge left next to him abandoned. Oka, Supana, Chojo, Daku and Kokuma had ventured off to places in Akademi High to clean, while Shin tidied up the occult club room."Although the human soul was sometimes symbolically or literally depicted in ancient cultures as a bird or other animal, it appears to have been widely held that the soul was an exact reproduction of the body in every feature, even down to clothing the person wore." 

Huh. Interesting. There have been many debates on the appearance of ghosts. Of course, this excludes the silly appearance of cartoon ghosts with sheets on their heads. We're talking real ghosts, and the occult club were still hung up on the fact that they were still unable to approach one. Especially Oka. She was saddened to hear that there had been no otherworldly appearances while she was away. It physically and emotionally affected Shin seeing her sad, but that was only because she was his closest confidant, right?

"Um, Shin?" Shin looked up slowly to see his fellow club member at the door. "One, Oka still won't go in the third floor bathroom even though we've all been in there. And two, what do you think you're doing, it's cleaning time!" Kokuma quickly threw him a mop, and he sighed quietly. "I'll see what I can do, but you know I can't go in there." Kokuma was surprisingly very loud when you got to know her, and she's the youngest of the group.

"Oka, come on."

"B-But I swear, there's something in there! It just doesn't seem right.."

"You don't know that. If we get caught doing nothing, we'll be sent to the guidance counselor."

"I can't! My supernatural senses are tingling!"

Shin couldn't help but beam at how much expression she was putting into her voice. She could be very dramatic when talking about the supernatural, and it never ceased to make him smile. "Hmph. If I stay in the doorway, will you go in? Please? If something's wrong, shout and I'll be right there." 

Oka's purple eyes lit up. "R-Really? You promise?" She grabbed the mop hesitantly as Shin nodded, and she returned the small smile. 

Once Oka was inside the bathroom, Shin looked at the others and stared at them. Their jaws were on the floor. They had never seen their club leaders act like that with each other before.  "What?" 

Shin's attention was suddenly diverted as a scream erupted from the bathroom he was guarding. His eyes widened and he quickly followed the sound. "Oka?! What the hell is happening-"

"No time! Emergency club meeting now!" Oka huffed as she ran past him, dragged Shin by the hand and motioned for the other occult members to follow her lead.

The five were sat in a circle, the members impatiently waiting for their leader to spill. Instead, Oka's wide eyes were fixated on her phone and she was extremely pale, like, paler than usual. And that's very pale. Unsure of her situation, Shin reluctantly took hold of her hand. It was ice cold. She looked at him, and her anxiety started to melt away as she focused on his features. He always somehow had the ability to reassure her that everything was fine, even if he wasn't saying anything at all. It confused her greatly, but she was thankful for it.  

"Show us your phone." 

Oka snapped out of her daze, and slowly set her phone down for the others to see. They all gasped with shock. "You know what this means," Shin grinned. "We've just uncovered another Akademi High mystery, and this time, we're gonna solve it." 

"We're finally gonna meet a ghost!! Whoohooooo!!" Kokuma screamed, disturbing the entire school. The team cheered, and embraced each other in much needed happiness. Shin and Oka, though, held on for just a while longer than the rest.