Goofing Off

I was walking out of my office to join the boys in the garage. Chuck was rolling around on the creeper. Justin was sitting on a shop stool drinking a Pepsi and Shawn was sitting on the work bench drinking a Coke.
"What are y'all ladies doing?" I questioned. Chuck rolled to me, hitting my feet and looking up at me, smiling.
"Taking a break, it's hot."
"And waiting on Dave and Jackie to get here." Justin added. I squinted my eyes to make sure I heard him correctly.
"Jackie and Dave in the same room. You want someone to die, don't ya?" I asked, laughing. Jackie and Dave got into a little disagreement last weekend and Dave stopped racing the Sonoma.
     "Just trying to get Dave back in the Sonoma." Justin said, taking a sip of his Pepsi. Shawn got in the cooler and threw me a Pepsi. I caught it and as I was trying to open it a hand grabbed my wrist and started shaking it. I turned to see Chuck.
     "I can never drink anything around you, goofball." I joked. I opened the Pepsi and thankfully it didn't spew on me.
     "Dave!" Justin said, excited. He ran up and hugged Dave. "Hey buddy! How was traffic. Dave looked at me and then toward his white GMC.
      "Good, good, good. But, I feel like you're playing with me." He said.
     "Can I not invite a good friend over?"
     "You said you needed help!" Dave said, laughing.
     "Yeah, you need to help my sis with here piece of crap Challenger." Dave looked at me and I glared at Justin.
     "Them is fightin words, brother." I warned. Then Jackie came in. Dave looked back at Justin.
     "It takes more people than you think to work on the Heartbreaker." Justin kept on.
     "Oh you are asking for it! Dave, Justin wants you back in the Sonoma."
     "Nnnnno, I'm done with the Sonoma." Dave said.
     "If he wants to drive the Sonoma he's welcome anytime, but I'm not gonna make him." Jackie said.
     "I'll wait to either borrow another car or get my own." Dave said.
     "Drive the Heartbreaker!" Chuck said.
     "If your ass touches the driver seat of my car, you will wake up in a dark alley." I was very protective of my car.
     "Relax, I'm not gonna drive your car. Too badass for me." Dave said. I laughed, he kept his eyes on me as I laughed and then a smile formed on his lips.
     "Oh come on, the 405 needs you to drive that truck." Justin begged.
     "Tell you what! Since Justin won't give up how bout we race? The Heartbreaker and the Sonoma. I win, you drive the Sonoma again, you win, I'll help you get your own car." I said.
     "Deal." He said, sticking his hand out. "Don't cry when I drag your ass." He whispered in my ear. I looked over my shoulder and smirk.
     "It's called the Heartbreaker for a reason, Dave." I said. Chuck is also Dave's best friend. Dave and I haven't hung out a lot, but I would love to. He's a total badass. Chuck stood next to Dave with his arms crossed and they both watched as I was going to get my car.
"Welcome back to the Sonoma." He joked.
"She ain't gonna beat me." Dave replied.
"I can see those heart eyes when you see her, you'll get distracted. Lose. Then you can show off when you're driving the Sonoma again." Chuck predicted. Dave just laughed.
     I got in my beast and started her up. She roared loudly to life. I drove around to load her up in the trailer, we had to find somewhere to race first before we actually raced. The Sonoma was loaded up in its trailer and we headed off to find a road.

Chapter 2 is down. Who do y'all think will win? I hope y'all like it