Hospital

Sapphire and I got in her truck and she sped off to the hospital. Sapphire squeezed my hand.
     "He's gonna be okay." She told me. I nodded. It seemed like forever until we made it to the hospital. We got out and got to the front desk.
     "David Comstock?" I asked.
     "Yes, Mr. Comstock is on the third floor, room 320." The lady smiled at me. I started toward the stairs.
    "Oh hell no, sister, We are taking the elevator!" Sapphire said, grabbing my shirt.
     "That's a death box!" I said. But, she shoved me in the elevator and pushed the three. I back into the corner and grabbed the rail that's on the wall. She knew I don't like elevators. She looked at me and smiled, then bounced.
     "Stop it, dammit!" I said and she started laughing. The elevator stopped on the third floor and it seemed like the door would never open.
     "Why isn't it opening?" I asked.
     "Oh no, we're stuck!" Sapphire yelled, trying to scare me. Then the door opened.
     "I hate you." I said.
     "No you don't." She replied. We found room 320 and slowly opened the door. I saw Dave sleeping in the hospital bed and chuck sitting on one of the green chairs.
     "What did they say?" I asked.
     "He's got a bruised lung, broke arm, but he'll be okay, just gotta stay in here for a few days." He said. Sapphire and I sat on the green couch. I saw Dave stir and his eyes slowly open.
      "Hey, beautiful." He said sleepily.
     "Hey." I said, barely above a whisper. I got up and walked over to him and gave him a hug. I sat on the edge of his bed. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it a little.
     "Did I hit you?" He asked.
     "No, you didn't hit me." I said. He nodded.
      "Good." He said.
      "How're you feeling?" Chuck asked.
      "Like I got hit by a buffalo." Dave said with a little chuckle. My stomach growled a little too loudly, making everyone giggle.
     "Hungry?" Dave asked.
     "I'm okay." I said.
     "No, go get some food with Sapphire." There was no use in arguing with him so I smiled and kissed his cheek before going to go get some pizza.
      "Well, he's still got his stupid humor." Sapphire said. I laughed.
     "Yeah, I just hate that he's got to stay here for a few days." I said. He was going to hate it. We got our pizza and sat down.
     "You know it's just a matter of time until we get bored and decide to goof off and maybe get in trouble." Sapphire said. We always caused trouble when we were bored.
     "We can do anything except impersonate a doctor, that's illegal." I said.
     "Illegal?" Sapphire repeated. "Honey, we live off of illegal." She added.
     "True." I said, taking a bite. We made it back to the room.
     "Oh no, they're back." Dave said.
     "Mmmhmmm." Sapphire mumbled.
     "Okay, I gotta ask. How does the truck look." Chuck looked at me and I looked at him. "Honestly, undrivable, you're gonna have to get a new car." Chuck answered.
     "So Lizzy is number ten now." Dave said.
     "She's still a bitch." I said. Dave laughed.
     "Gotta love y'all's rivalry." Dave said.
     "Yup." I said. I sat down. The wreck began replaying in my head. The fear recoursing. The noise was so loud. Metal on metal as it was being broken and torn. Everyone screaming and hollering. My heavy breathing. I couldn't do anything for him. I felt helpless. Parts of the truck was everywhere. I was so scared to see why was inside the truck. I couldn't bring myself to move my feet until I heard my name. Everything happens for a reason.

Hope this one was goooooooood, wrote this one while waiting for the farrier...who's taking forever😂🔫hope y'all enjoyed this chapter