Race Night

"Wake up, sleeping Beauty!" Sapphire yelled, throwing water on me. I shot up.
"What!" I yelled as Sapphire was laughing.
"Race night! Everyone's there!" Sapphire said. I got in my truck and she got in hers and we took off. We got there and Lizzy and Dave had already raced. He was by his car while his crew was checking it out.
"I'm sorry i missed your race!" I yelled giving him a hug. He hugged me back and giggled.
"It's okay, you were asleep." He said, kissing my head.
"Did you win?" I asked.
"Wanna ask that again?" He asked with an arched eyebrow.
"How much did you win by?" I giggled.
"By three, Kye called me out and we are getting ready to race." Dave said.
"Hey, dani!" Chuck called. I turned to face him. "I'm calling you out for number two!" I nodded and gave him a thumbs up.
"Better get ready." I said to Dave. I got my suit on and backed the Heartbreaker out. Chuck gave me lane choice and I picked left. We got lined up and Justin hit the light. We both left at the same time and he was out in front. At the last minute I came around him and kept my number two spot. When I got back to the trailer Chuck gave me a hug.
"Good race." He said.
"Thanks, you too!" Dave and I joined the group of people as Sapphire and Doc got ready to race. Doc spun his tires so Sapphire got out ahead of him, winning by a bus length.
"Heck yeah! New number four!" I said to Sapphire.
"Thank you, thank you." She said, bowing. Dave pulled the corvette up next to us and looked at me.
"Gonna watch?" He asked.
"Duh!" I said, giving him a kiss before he put his helmet on. Sapphire and I joined the group to watch. This would be Dave's first race since the accident. He hasn't even made a test pass with this car. I held my breath. The light turned on. The corvette took off like a rocket down the road, but the Shocker stayed close. The corvette swerved, causing me to grab Sapphire's arm. He stayed straight and pulled for the win. I squealed and jumped up and down. He came back and Sapphire and I tackled him in a hug.
"I'm so proud! You're the new number ten!" I yelled. Azn came and joined the celebration.
"He should've just stayed in New Orleans." Dave said, giving me a kiss.

Yay! Dave is back on the list and our people are moving up! Hope you liked it! I love y'all 😘😘