Funeral

Early A/N! I know this pic has nothing to do with the story but I find it touching because I love my thin blue line!

I was at home with Sapphire watching tv.
     "I think I'm starting to remember everything." Sapphire said. I looked at her.
     "Like what?" I asked.
     "Azn! I go fishing with him all the time! He is my boyfriend!" She said. I smiled and hugged her. "Farmtruck is his best friend, we drive on the 405 top ten list." She rambled out everything. She's back. I was happy. Very happy. "You still don't remember, do you?" She said.
      "No." I said. Dave pulled up to pick us up to take us to the shop. When we got in Sapphire told him how she remembered everything. Dave gave her a fist bump.
     "That's great! Now I don't feel as crazy." He joked. He grabbed my hand.
     "I don't remember much else." I said.
     "It'll come back." He said. We got to the shop and everyone was doing their own thing. Even Lizzie.
     "Hey, Dani. Hey, Dave." She said. Dave nodded. I just gave a small smile. I didn't feel like arguing. I crutched around and when I went out back I saw it. The Heartbreaker. I went over to it and looked at everything. I crutched all around it and the leaned on the hood and began crying quietly. Dave ran out after a little bit and put his arm around me.
     "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked.
     "We might as well have a funeral! The day that crash happened was the day Dani died," I said. "And I was born." I finished.
     "You're Dani. My Dani. The Dani I love so much, more than words can explain. Those memories are in there. You just gotta dig around in that pretty little head." He said, his voice was shaky.
     "Was I on the list?" I asked. Dave nodded.
     "Number two. But we had to take you off since you're hurt, but you'll come back, I know it." He said. I leaned my crutches against my car and hugged Dave and just sobbed into his chest.
     "It's not fair, Dave! Why did this happen to me and Sapphire?" I cried. He rubbed my back and laid his head on mine.
     "Nobody knows why these things happen. But it happens for a reason. The Big Man knows what he's doing." My legs gave out and Dave slumped down with me and we sat against the car. "Shh, I got you, baby." He cooed.

Hmmm. Well, hope y'all had y'all's permission slips because we just went on a feels trip! Hope y'all liked it!😘love y'all